Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bad overnight standby time (42% lost overnight)

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times

Bad overnight standby time (42% lost overnight)

Model: T304UA

Surely a 42%~ loss after 8~hours isn't normal? The always-on fans are indeed off when in standby mode, so I know that the computer is technically "off" / in standby.

Are there any settings to check? This is kind of bad...

Edit: I just noticed that, in sleep mode without the keyboard cover closed, it will still play notification sounds, indicating it's not actually sleeping... What gives, Windows?
    Last edited by besweeet; 11-21-2017 at 06:24 AM.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    148 times
    Quote Originally Posted by besweeet View Post
    Model: T304UA

Surely a 42%~ loss after 8~hours isn't normal? The always-on fans are indeed off when in standby mode, so I know that the computer is technically "off" / in standby.

Are there any settings to check? This is kind of bad...

Edit: I just noticed that, in sleep mode without the keyboard cover closed, it will still play notification sounds, indicating it's not actually sleeping... What gives, Windows?
    Hi besweeet, allow us to apologize for the inconvenience caused. Is it that you closed the lid or manually put your device in sleep mode?
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    Hi besweeet, allow us to apologize for the inconvenience caused. Is it that you closed the lid or manually put your device in sleep mode?
    It happens when doing both.

Interestingly, if I play music and then attempt to go to sleep either through the start menu or closing the keyboard cover, the music will continue playing, so I think something might be wrong with my Windows 10 installation and how it tries to go to sleep. The screen turns off in both cases, however.

On that note, it is a clean install of Windows 10 Professional. This is all that I have installed: https://i.imgur.com/MJX6CZ6.png. Perhaps I'm missing something ASUS-related? I checked ASUS's site for the T304 and installed whatever felt necessary.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Please select one
    Liked
    0 times
    Had exactly the same problem with mine, I decided that the best bet would be to leave my tablet plugged into a charger or to actually turn OFF the device overnight.

Perhaps there is some windows update stuff going in the background scheduled for night hours?
    Last edited by hannahbutler; 11-23-2017 at 07:00 AM.
    "As far as I'm concerned, 'whom' is a word that was invented to make everyone sound like a butler." - Calvin Trillin

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hannahbutler View Post
    Perhaps there is some windows update stuff going in the background scheduled for night hours?
    Possibly, though I have Windows updates set to manually check for updates (a Windows 10 Pro option), so that theoretically shouldn't be happening.

I don't mind doing a shutdown whenever I'm done as the tablet boots very quickly. However, I'd still like this to eventually be fixed.

Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    148 times
    It happens when doing both.

Interestingly, if I play music and then attempt to go to sleep either through the start menu or closing the keyboard cover, the music will continue playing, so I think something might be wrong with my Windows 10 installation and how it tries to go to sleep. The screen turns off in both cases, however.

On that note, it is a clean install of Windows 10 Professional. This is all that I have installed: https://i.imgur.com/MJX6CZ6.png. Perhaps I'm missing something ASUS-related? I checked ASUS's site for the T304 and installed whatever felt necessary.
    Please install this driver and let us know the outcome.

Intel Management Engine Interface Version V11.6.0.1035 - http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/...778.1509468299
    janner43 likes this.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    Please install this driver and let us know the outcome.

Intel Management Engine Interface Version V11.6.0.1035 - http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/...778.1509468299
    Thanks, but that unfortunately didn't work. I installed it, restarted and put the T304 to sleep at 87%. 3.5 hours later, it's down to 72%. That's 15% lost, which overnight would've been close to the percentage in the original post :/.

Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    148 times
    Thanks, but that unfortunately didn't work. I installed it, restarted and put the T304 to sleep at 87%. 3.5 hours later, it's down to 72%. That's 15% lost, which overnight would've been close to the percentage in the original post :/.
    Thank you for the update. If you have any devices connected, please remove them and also install this driver and let us know the outcome.

Chipset Version V10.1.1.38 - http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/...778.1509468299

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you for the update. If you have any devices connected, please remove them and also install this driver and let us know the outcome.

Chipset Version V10.1.1.38 - http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/...778.1509468299
    Unfortunately, that also didn't work. It lost 12% in 2.5 hours :/.

Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    148 times
    Unfortunately, that also didn't work. It lost 12% in 2.5 hours :/.
    Thank you for the update once again. How is the battery life during usage? On average how much hours do you get from a single charge? Also, if you put your device to sleep manually this time, is it the same issue with the excessive battery loss?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links