Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    2 times

Asus T100HA - volume goes to max by itself

Hello everyone,

I am writing here as I tried a few ways to solve my problem but nothing seems to work so maybe some of you had this issues and managed to find a solution.

I own an Asus T100HA 2in1 notebook with Windows 10 Home and I am pretty satisfied with this. There is however one problem that keeps bugging me: the volume goes to max by itself. If, for example, I watch a youtube video or a mp4 file on VLC, and then I pause it, after playing again even though my volume is set to lets say 20, it goes with maximum volume. It happens on both headphones and without it but as you can imagine on headphones it is much more hurtful to my ears. After getting kicked by maximum volume, I have to click the volume buttons on the left of the screen. Clicking it up or down changes the volume by 2 but it seems that it is not "aware" that the volume is maxed out as after clicking it goes to 22 (if I click up) or 18 (if I click down) and everything goes back to normal. Of corse this happens on every volume setting, the starting 20 was just an example. This does not happen everytime but very often, so unpausing a video is always risky of getting max volume into my ears.

After looking up the device manager, this is what I see under Sound, video and game controllers section:
    - Intel SST Audio Device (WDM)
    - Realtek I2S Audio Codec

I updated the drivers by clicking the Update Driver Software option in the right-click menu on both of these devices. That did not help.

I am not really sure what to do next. If anyone has a similar problem or is aware of any solution please let me know. Thanks!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanner410 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am writing here as I tried a few ways to solve my problem but nothing seems to work so maybe some of you had this issues and managed to find a solution.

I own an Asus T100HA 2in1 notebook with Windows 10 Home and I am pretty satisfied with this. There is however one problem that keeps bugging me: the volume goes to max by itself. If, for example, I watch a youtube video or a mp4 file on VLC, and then I pause it, after playing again even though my volume is set to lets say 20, it goes with maximum volume. It happens on both headphones and without it but as you can imagine on headphones it is much more hurtful to my ears. After getting kicked by maximum volume, I have to click the volume buttons on the left of the screen. Clicking it up or down changes the volume by 2 but it seems that it is not "aware" that the volume is maxed out as after clicking it goes to 22 (if I click up) or 18 (if I click down) and everything goes back to normal. Of corse this happens on every volume setting, the starting 20 was just an example. This does not happen everytime but very often, so unpausing a video is always risky of getting max volume into my ears.

After looking up the device manager, this is what I see under Sound, video and game controllers section:
    - Intel SST Audio Device (WDM)
    - Realtek I2S Audio Codec

I updated the drivers by clicking the Update Driver Software option in the right-click menu on both of these devices. That did not help.

I am not really sure what to do next. If anyone has a similar problem or is aware of any solution please let me know. Thanks!
    Noone had ever run into that problem really?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Kanner410,

I have the exact same issue.

1 - Volume set to 20%
    2 - play movie
    3 - play another move
    3 - volume output is at maximum, even if windows says it's at 20%
    . a) puch the volume rocker + -> volume goes back to normal: 20% + 2 = 22%
    . b) puch the volume rocker - -> volume goes back to normal: 20% - 2 = 18%

I would add, this issue is dangerous for the ears when you use a headset!!!

I think this is either a driver or a hardware issue, as windows still believe the sound is at 20% when the hardware output it at maximum!.
    Like if the hardware get resetted when it's not used for some time and then used again.

If you find a solution, can you please reply your post ?

Thank you.
    Last edited by fenrirjk; 08-22-2016 at 09:06 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    2 times
    Unfortunately I didnt find a fix to this problem. At Asus they told me to reinstall the drivers (that didnt work) and then to send the notebook back to them for repair. I might do that but I'm afraid that I will be without the laptop for two weeks and nothing will change :/

That sucks Asus.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    You could always try booting from an external source, then wiping and doing a full reinstall. If that doesn't fix it you have a hardware problem.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    You could always try booting from an external source, then wiping and doing a full reinstall. If that doesn't fix it you have a hardware problem.
    Hi there,

For those interested in the solution: I refreshed windows 10 using the microsoft application downloaded via link from this article:

4 Ways to Reset Windows 10 and Reinstall From Scratch

Option 2 gives you the link for the windows refresher tool. It donwloaded whole, updated, clean windows 10 with no Asus bloatwere straight from microsoft. I chose the option to delete all my files (first I did full backup of course) and windows reinstalled itself. Then I reinstalled all my applications and after 2 days of using the pc the problem is no longer existent. For now, the only drawback is that the touchpad lost its multitouch functionality but iI am aware that I can install Asus smartgestures to get it back - I am however installing new software with a few hours intervals to test whether the problem returns after the installation.

So far so good.
    janner43 and Swipe like this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    2 times
    Update: after installing Asus Smart Gestures the problem returned. So I reinstalled windows thinking that not installing this software will keep me safe. I was wrong - after a few hours and installing basic software such as chrome, adobe reader, vlc player etc. the problem is back again. I think it is not hardware related as there are times (after refreshing windows) when everything is fine. But then, after installing some programs, it is back.

So I am back to square one and I am seriously considering giving up and selling my Asus notebook. This is absurd.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    0 times
    It's been a long time but did you find any solution to this problem?

I have the exact same issue on my T102HA, tried all things like installing other drivers, unchecking audio enhancements and the like but nothing worked. When I reinstalled the drivers or removed the device and reinstalled it, the volume didn't jump to max anymore... until the next reboot. I noticed that the problem appeared on me only after a Windows update. So what fixed it for me was to revert Windows back to the previous version via the system settings. Maybe there was something in the update process causing this issue.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links