Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAF
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi,
    where can i get touchscreen driver ?

EDIT : Nevermind, its part of the chipset driver.
    Last edited by Dubm; 04-23-2017 at 10:49 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi,
    Windows 10 was updated to the latest version 1703 on my T100HA-C4-GR and recently in the middle of a presentation in tablet mode (without the base) the touchscreen decided to stop working.
    I have been trying everything but "I2C HID Device exclamation sign with error 10" wont get resolved.

Yes I have tried the following::
    1) Disabling & Enabling it in device manager
    2) Running windows update
    3) Uninstalling it and doing scan new hardware
    4) Restore windows 10 with Keep nothing function.

I cannot find separate drivers for touchscreen. SOC drivers fail to install since its an error 10.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Craigmj likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you for the informative article. I have an Asus Transformer T102HA and I deleted the old windows folder using Ccleaner. Afterwards I could not restore the laptop so I installed Windows 10 from a pendrive as described above. Afterwards there were 14 items not recognized in the Device Manager and touch would not work on the touchscreen. I was ready to send it back under warranty and then realized that I had chosen Spanish and the location of Mexico when installing Windows 10. I had bought the laptop through the USA Microsoft Store. I did a restore and chose English and the USA as location and all the drivers automatically installed and there were no errors in Device Manager. Touch was active on the touchscreen. However, there was no brightness control for the screen and the night light was not functional. After updating the bios, installing the chipset and VGA drivers from Asus these items were still missing. Finally I went to display in the Device Manager and did an update searching the Internet for the driver and it installed automatically and now there is brightness control and the night light. Sharing these memories in case of a help to someone. This is a nice little machine.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Please select one
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tompark View Post
    Thanks GT. Worked well for me. A couple of months ago I installed Win10Privacy as I was getting slightly paranoid about Win10's intrusive nature. Alas I proceeded to lock things down too much and ran into problems--including no security updates. Trying to reverse some of the Win10Privacy settings messed things up more--hence the clean install. I did not remove the other small C drive partitions.

A clean install removes all files and programs--but not those on the SD card. So all my docs/music/pics were left. Two of the programs, Irfanview--my preferred photo viewer/editor; and VLC--my preferred video player still run fine from the SD card and just needed a right click to have a shortcut put on the desktop. I assume because their dlls (dynamic link libraries) were also on the SD card--and did not depend on registry entries. They do not show on the "all apps" list. (Anyone know how to put them there, other than reinstalling.)

Libreofffice and a Microsoft program will not run from the SDcard. However their install files remained in the SDcard's "download" folder so it will be easy to reinstall these and others.

Andoid and Windows have made fairly recent changes that automatically install or move to the SD card--reflecting the use of small ssd or eem "C" drives in many devices. I have not seen the Win10 information in this forum. A moderator may want to move this to a different location but the process is very easy compared to some of the previous workarounds.

Go to Settings, System, Storage and change the location for each listing to a folder on the SD card--which you must create. You can call one Programs, and one Libraries and the sub-folders--documents, music et.al. . Windows will create the special icons accordingly. It appears you can use any old names for these SDcard folders--be creative.

If anyone wants a detailed step-by-step guide, ask, and I'll write one.
    Attachment 9102
    That's great guide. Very detailed. Thanks for your sharing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links