Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: [GUIDE] How to Clean Install Windows 10 and Install Drivers

  1. #11
    Soundwave
    Member #
    90453
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Land of 10,000 Lakes
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times

    My Old T100TA/Upgraded to Win10/ASUS Software?

    I've spent a lot of time resurrecting my older Windows 8.1 T100TA, 32GB, BIOS 214, and now that I have my T100 running Windows 10 I'd like to remove unneeded software. I'm not sure what ASUS software I need, and what is unneeded. Any thoughts on this are welcomed.

  2. #12
    Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    12453
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Posts
    13,988
    Liked
    2820 times
    Welcome to the forum

    I'm pleased to read your success story. However, if you had searched first & posted second, you would have found a better place to post your question.

    You are also approaching this the wrong way around. Follow this guide for a clean install of W10. Install the Asus SoC drivers and away you go.

    Thread merged.
    Gtanner00 likes this.

    PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

    Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

    Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

    Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

    Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

  3. #13
    Soundwave
    Member #
    90649
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi all,

    I'm having trouble activating a fresh windows install on my T100HA. I checked to ensure windows was activated before reinstalling, did a full custom install deleting all partitions and didn't enter a product key. It seems to have picked up the key from the BIOS as I was able to retrieve one using a key downloader. However, windows refuses to activate, saying the product key is invalid.

    I think the issue is that originally the laptop had Windows 10 Home, whereas the only editions a have to install are Windows 10 Home Single Language or Home N editions. I guess Microsoft are inflexible as always and won't recognise the differences are negligible.

    Can you guys tell me which version of windows you installed and activated using the embedded product key, and where you obtained that version of windows?

  4. #14
    Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    53776
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Posts
    1,923
    Liked
    481 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisey1987 View Post
    Hi all,

    I'm having trouble activating a fresh windows install on my T100HA. I checked to ensure windows was activated before reinstalling, did a full custom install deleting all partitions and didn't enter a product key. It seems to have picked up the key from the BIOS as I was able to retrieve one using a key downloader. However, windows refuses to activate, saying the product key is invalid.

    I think the issue is that originally the laptop had Windows 10 Home, whereas the only editions a have to install are Windows 10 Home Single Language or Home N editions. I guess Microsoft are inflexible as always and won't recognise the differences are negligible.

    Can you guys tell me which version of windows you installed and activated using the embedded product key, and where you obtained that version of windows?
    That's unusual. If you downloaded the correct tool you should have the choice of regular windows 10 home.

    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

    Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

    Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

  5. #15
    Soundwave
    Member #
    89215
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Posts
    16
    Liked
    9 times
    Thanks GT. Worked well for me. A couple of months ago I installed Win10Privacy as I was getting slightly paranoid about Win10's intrusive nature. Alas I proceeded to lock things down too much and ran into problems--including no security updates. Trying to reverse some of the Win10Privacy settings messed things up more--hence the clean install. I did not remove the other small C drive partitions.

    A clean install removes all files and programs--but not those on the SD card. So all my docs/music/pics were left. Two of the programs, Irfanview--my preferred photo viewer/editor; and VLC--my preferred video player still run fine from the SD card and just needed a right click to have a shortcut put on the desktop. I assume because their dlls (dynamic link libraries) were also on the SD card--and did not depend on registry entries. They do not show on the "all apps" list. (Anyone know how to put them there, other than reinstalling.)

    Libreofffice and a Microsoft program will not run from the SDcard. However their install files remained in the SDcard's "download" folder so it will be easy to reinstall these and others.

    Andoid and Windows have made fairly recent changes that automatically install or move to the SD card--reflecting the use of small ssd or eem "C" drives in many devices. I have not seen the Win10 information in this forum. A moderator may want to move this to a different location but the process is very easy compared to some of the previous workarounds.

    Go to Settings, System, Storage and change the location for each listing to a folder on the SD card--which you must create. You can call one Programs, and one Libraries and the sub-folders--documents, music et.al. . Windows will create the special icons accordingly. It appears you can use any old names for these SDcard folders--be creative.

    If anyone wants a detailed step-by-step guide, ask, and I'll write one.
    Win10SD.jpg
    Last edited by tompark; 07-12-2016 at 10:00 PM.
    Gtanner00 likes this.
    T100HA 2/32GB with 64GB no-name microSD. Came with Win10. Cutting it down to get rid of Microsoft spying.

  6. #16
    Soundwave
    Member #
    90753
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Tablet
    TF Book T100 Chi
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times
    Per this post, you must reboot after installing the ATK and the Smart Gesture drivers, otherwise you will not be able to actually use the gestures. Can the OP be amended to indicate this?

    Otherwise, Thanks for the write-up. It worked like a charm! I wasn't able to do a straight-stick update because i didn't have sufficient space for the install, so i had to format and install Win10.
    Last edited by meisjohn; 07-17-2016 at 01:01 PM.

  7. #17
    Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    53776
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Posts
    1,923
    Liked
    481 times
    Quote Originally Posted by meisjohn View Post
    Per this post, you must reboot after installing the ATK and the Smart Gesture drivers, otherwise you will not be able to actually use the gestures. Can the OP be amended to indicate this?

    Otherwise, Thanks for the write-up. It worked like a charm! I wasn't able to do a straight-stick update because i didn't have sufficient space for the install, so i had to format and install Win10.
    I'll add that in. Thanks!

    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

    Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

    Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

  8. #18
    Jazz
    Member #
    75794
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Posts
    38
    Liked
    4 times
    After a complete Windows 10 (64bit) reset I have problems with Asus T200:
    - Installing SOC driver package (from Asus T200 site) that for some strange problem does not install, it fails with a generic error
    - Camera that is seen as ISP Camera and doesn't works at all (white led on the top of the tablet always on)
    - Audio not working (I just tried with Asus driver and Realtek one, with no luck)
    - Touch screen not working at all

    Is there a way I can fix these issues?
    Thanks!!

  9. #19
    Jazz
    Member #
    58196
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Posts
    82
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tompark View Post
    A clean install removes all files and programs--but not those on the SD card. So all my docs/music/pics were left. Two of the programs, Irfanview--my preferred photo viewer/editor; and VLC--my preferred video player still run fine from the SD card and just needed a right click to have a shortcut put on the desktop. I assume because their dlls (dynamic link libraries) were also on the SD card--and did not depend on registry entries. They do not show on the "all apps" list. (Anyone know how to put them there, other than reinstalling.)

    Libreofffice and a Microsoft program will not run from the SDcard. However their install files remained in the SDcard's "download" folder so it will be easy to reinstall these and others.
    About installing to the SD-card...
    Have you had a look at www.portableapps.com?

    I know I've mentioned this option before in another thread, but there you'll find a lot of good programs that can be "installed" to just about any removable media (among them LibreOffice, VLC and Irfanview).

    I currently have close to 6GB of programs installed into my PortableApps folder. That covers just about everything that I either use on a day to day basis or might want to use sometime in the future including 5 different web browsers, Gimp, LibreOffice, Irfanview, VLC, Foxit Reader, Inkscape, Stellarium...) Best thing about them is that none of them ever touches my registry or leave any files behind in any other location than their own folders. These apps can be used together with the PortableApps Launcher or added to your start menu like any other program.

    This way I've freed up good space on "c:" for Photoshop, Lightroom, MS Office and other programs that runs better from there...
    Last edited by gosa; 07-19-2016 at 07:48 AM.

  10. #20
    Soundwave
    Member #
    91445
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm trying to fresh install windows 10 onto a T100 but no matter what I do I cant seem to delete the exiting partitions, And the one I picked up has the boot record for windows broken so I cant go in. I've tried everything from Diskpart to Gparted. Is there anything I can do to delete the partitions?

 

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. [GUIDE]Windows 10 clean install on T200
    By lovejoy in forum T200 (all variants) - Windows 10
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-13-2016, 08:07 PM
  2. T100HA Clean windows 10 install
    By Scarumanga in forum T100 (all variants, including Chi) - Windows 10
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-25-2016, 01:24 AM
  3. Windows 10 Clean Install How To
    By elgordo123 in forum Windows 10 Help & Discussion for all Asus MS powered transformer & tablet models
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-06-2015, 01:27 PM
  4. T100TAM missing drivers issue clean install of 8.1
    By cluther12 in forum Asus Transformer Book T100 Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-28-2015, 12:48 PM
  5. Windows 8.1 clean install
    By BerndDasBrot in forum Asus Transformer Book T100 General Discussions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-19-2014, 01:42 AM

Search tags for this page

asus t100 install language pack#spf
,
asus t100ta windows 10
,
asus tablet fresh install windows 10
,
asus tf300tg windows 10
,
asus transformer mini how to reinstall windows
,

asus transformer pad tf300t windows 10

,
full clean unistall of drivers in wndows 10
,
how fresh load asus t100 os
,
how to install windows 10 on asus t300
,
install windows 10 on asus ft300t tablet
,

news

,
window 10 for asus transformer book t100
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:55 AM.