Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    2 times

T100HA black screen after waking from Hibernate

Hi guys,

as the title says, i have problems with hibernate on my T100HA (64/4gb, Win10, latest driver, BIOS and Win10 Updates). At first, waking from hibernation only worked sporadical in about 1 out of 4 tries. Most of the time i got a blank black screen (with backlight on) after the asus boot screen. I then disabled Fast Boot and now waking from hibernation works if i hibernate from an active session. If it automatically hibernates from sleep (e.g. when the battery runs below 2%) the problem with the black screen is still present.
    Anyone else experiences this problem? Maybe someone even has a solution?

PS: I want to apologize if this is the wrong sub-forum. As a new user i find the forum structure a little confusing.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2824 times
    Yes the forum is very large and with all the subjects we carry, it can get confusing. Increasingly, with the plethora of T100 models there are and the issues of Windows 10 further muddying the waters...

Anyway, my guess here is W10. You aren't the first to post this sort of thing and I doubt you'll be the last. Someone might chime in with a setting option somewhere, but then again...

I wanted to comment on your allowing the battery to get as low as 2%. This is very definitely going to cause you problems.
    1) You will shorten the lifespan of your battery quite extensively
    2) You run the risk of allowing your battery to flatten to such an extent that it might even die (not "probably" but quite possibly I can assure you)

Read our battery section on how to care for your battery - it will pay dividends in longevity.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks for your reply. I already read about the dangers of draining a battery too far somehere in this forum, but it is the stock windows setting to hibernate at 2% so i left it that way. But i will increase it a little, thanks for the advice! The thing is, i never intentionally drained it that far, but due to the bugginess of Win10 standby, this just happens. From 50% to empty in one night of standby is not unusal for this device unfortunately. And just today, i closed the lid at about 25% to go for lunch and came back to a totally drained battery after about 2 hours. I guess i have to avoid standby in general to avoid total battery drain. That's a hard change in habits being used to Android where you can get several days (some even claim a full week) of standby time . I really hope Microsoft improves here. The potential is clearly there, yesterday i had a stanby period of 19h with just 4% drain.

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    This is an issue with Windows 10 on many devices, even non ASUS 2-in-1 or tablet devices. One potential solution is to set your WiFi to turn off during sleep. You can also set the time to hibernate from the default 120 minutes down to 30 minutes, or even less.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    2 times
    I already set WIFI to turn off in sleep. At first (before the latest driver, BIOS and Win10 Updates), that made standby battery drain even worse (several people reported this). Now after all latest updated, i think it works, i need some further studies here. Setting a time to hibernate (my default setting was "never" btw) would be a good solution, if hibernation worked correctly, which it does not (see start post).
    So apart from always shutting down the device completely (which i do not want), i did not find a solution.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2824 times
    What about trying a full W10 wipe and install. Updates often cause gremlins like this...

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    2 times
    You mean the hibernate problem or the standby battery drain problem?
    Either way, i want to find out if it is worth the time first. So i will wait some days if maybe another T100HA user can tell me if he does or does not have these problems. If everybody has them, then its very unlikely that a fresh install will fix anything i guess.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2824 times
    I guess it depends if your device came with W8.1 or W10. If W8.1, then we have plenty of threads that report issues just go away following a full wipe and reinstall using the MS Media Ceation tool.

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    You should have little to no drain in hibernation. I feel there is some information about what is happening that's missing. Have you done any battery reports?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    2 times
    I am sorry, seems like i was not clear enough. The battery drain problem and the hibernate problem are two totally unrelated ones.

-Hibernate problem: The device does not wake from hibernation (shows black screen with backlight on after asus boot logo). Happens more often (or even exclusively?) when the device goes from standby directly to hibernate (on critical battery level or on power saving plan). This is the actual problem why i opened the thread.

-The standby battery drain problem: this one is kind of off topic, i got a little dragged away by janner43's battery advice . I actually mentioned the problem because the battery drain was the main reason the device got into hibernation mode (because it reached the critical battery level). This one may be fixed already by the latest updates. I have to do some furher tests on that.
    Last edited by phinc; 01-11-2016 at 02:00 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links