Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Two problems with T100 after installing Win10(Camera light on and unknown device)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAS
    Liked
    1 times

Two problems with T100 after installing Win10(Camera light on and unknown device)

After doing a clean install of Windows 10, my camera does not work. On the very first boot of Windows 10, the camera light comes on like the camera is on. I can use the Win10 camera app, and the camera works, but the camera will not turn off. I feel like I'm getting spied on, plus I think the camera always being on is really draining the battery.

I've tried V009, v106, and v112 of the SoC drivers. I did full installs of every version, as well as going through device manager and manually installing each version for both the Imaging Signal Processor 2400 and the Camera Sensor MT9M114. Doing reboots between switching between each driver version. Nothing will get the camera to turn off. I've also read the Win10 general issues about turning cortana off, and that is done. So nothing should be using the camera.

Another annoying thing is I have one Unknown device left in device manager. It says it is on the Atom I2C Controller, but no driver I install will get this Unknown Device to go away.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    2 times
    Make a win 10 media with the media creation tool.then boot from the media and do another clean install.then,in the first login every driver and wifi will not work so you must download the soc driver package for your model t100TAS from another computer and install it in the t100.then if you have unknown devises go to device manager and install them.
    Good luck and update with the results!!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAS
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Edemfinaki View Post
    Make a win 10 media with the media creation tool.then boot from the media and do another clean install.then,in the first login every driver and wifi will not work so you must download the soc driver package for your model t100TAS from another computer and install it in the t100.then if you have unknown devises go to device manager and install them.
    Good luck and update with the results!!
    That is exactly what I did. The strange thing is that the Camera light came on right away, before I loaded any drivers. The first time it loaded into the desktop, when it says "Welcome" or whatever after you sign in, the light comes on. During the setup process Win10 recognized my WiFi and asked me to connect to a network. I've re-installed twice from fresh Win10 media(on a USB stick). The first time I connected to the WiFi during the setup process and the second time I didn't. I hoped the second time, by not connecting to my WiFi during setup, that Win10 wouldn't automatically download drivers and screw things up. But it still installed drivers and the camera light came on.

Thanks.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    2 times
    I really don't know what is it.strange.please contact asus to help you.you may have to give the tablet to repair it.good luck.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAS
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Edemfinaki View Post
    I really don't know what is it.strange.please contact asus to help you.you may have to give the tablet to repair it.good luck.
    Thanks. I think I'm going to try to go back to Win8.1. I prefer Win10, but using 8.1 isn't the end of the world.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    419 times
    All your peripheral devices should work under Win 10 if you've applied all the driver updates.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    2 times
    I must agree with rickscheller.if you installed all the latest versions of drivers,then everything will be great.this problem is strange.you don't have to stick with 8.1
    I had an exact same problem with the geolocation sensor in win 10.no one helped me but i made it at last.i just did 3 simple things.
    I installed an oem windows 8.1 version from kat torrents.then i installed the soc driver package and then i updated via microsoft media creation tool from a boot media.everything was ok and all drivers after the update were functioning normally.it maybe work with this strange problem too....i don't know what is messed up.just give it a try.good luck and please post again with the results.we will help you until this is done!!!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAS
    Liked
    1 times
    Ok so, being a PC Tech by trade, this was annoying me and going back to 8.1 didn't sit right with me. I kept digging. I did finally get it solved. I went into the properties of the unknown device in device manager. I found the hardware ID in the Details tab. The ID was INT33F3. A quick Google search for the device ID took me to this page, which identifies the device as a Camera Sensor AR0543. The site also seemed to suggest the device is part of the SoC. But why isn't the driver being loaded when I install the SoC Driver package? And even still, when I try to install the driver through device manager, and tell the Wizard to search the entire folder with all the drivers in it(which contains the v112, v106, and v009 packages extracted), it still doesn't find a driver for it. Argh...

So I figure I'll manually select the driver file. When you extract the SoC driver folder, in it is a Drivers folder, under that folder is another folder called Camera. Ok, so I browsed there in the V112 SoC drivers, and no AR0543! Ok, what about the V106 package...NOPE! These are the two versions provided on ASUS's site and neither have the driver I need. However, I have the V009, which I assume is a rather old version, I found it somewhere on these forums I believe. I, have to appologize, I do not remember exactly where I found it, I wish I did. If I do find it again, I will put a link here. I browse to the Drivers/Camera folder and BINGO! Right there is a AR0543.ini...the driver! I select the AR0543.ini file in the driver Wizard, and it says it is the Camera Sensor AR0543. I tell it to install the driver and Windows gives me a warning. Windows says that it can't confirm that the driver I'm installing is actually for the hardware. Well no wonder it wouldn't automatically pick it up when I told it to scan the entire directly for the driver, it doesn't know this driver is for this device. I tell it to install the driver anyway and...the camera light turns off!

So TL;DR: Neither of the SoC driver packages on ASUS's site(v112 or v106) include the driver for my missing device. Ended up finding the driver in an older v009 SoC driver package. Manually forcing the driver install fixed the camera issue.

Edit: It seems you can download the V009 driver from here: http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/MOT...ver-V009.shtml

And to be clear, all the other SoC drivers were from the V112 package. The only device I installed using the V009 was the AR0543.
    Last edited by newtekie1; 11-13-2015 at 06:29 PM.
    rickscheller likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by newtekie1 View Post
    Ok so, being a PC Tech by trade, this was annoying me and going back to 8.1 didn't sit right with me. I kept digging. I did finally get it solved. I went into the properties of the unknown device in device manager. I found the hardware ID in the Details tab. The ID was INT33F3. A quick Google search for the device ID took me to this page, which identifies the device as a Camera Sensor AR0543. The site also seemed to suggest the device is part of the SoC. But why isn't the driver being loaded when I install the SoC Driver package? And even still, when I try to install the driver through device manager, and tell the Wizard to search the entire folder with all the drivers in it(which contains the v112, v106, and v009 packages extracted), it still doesn't find a driver for it. Argh...

So I figure I'll manually select the driver file. When you extract the SoC driver folder, in it is a Drivers folder, under that folder is another folder called Camera. Ok, so I browsed there in the V112 SoC drivers, and no AR0543! Ok, what about the V106 package...NOPE! These are the two versions provided on ASUS's site and neither have the driver I need. However, I have the V009, which I assume is a rather old version, I found it somewhere on these forums I believe. I, have to appologize, I do not remember exactly where I found it, I wish I did. If I do find it again, I will put a link here. I browse to the Drivers/Camera folder and BINGO! Right there is a AR0543.ini...the driver! I select the AR0543.ini file in the driver Wizard, and it says it is the Camera Sensor AR0543. I tell it to install the driver and Windows gives me a warning. Windows says that it can't confirm that the driver I'm installing is actually for the hardware. Well no wonder it wouldn't automatically pick it up when I told it to scan the entire directly for the driver, it doesn't know this driver is for this device. I tell it to install the driver anyway and...the camera light turns off!

So TL;DR: Neither of the SoC driver packages on ASUS's site(v112 or v106) include the driver for my missing device. Ended up finding the driver in an older v009 SoC driver package. Manually forcing the driver install fixed the camera issue.

Edit: It seems you can download the V009 driver from here: Download ASUS Transformer Book T100TAF Intel SOC Driver V009 for Windows 8.1 - Softpedia

And to be clear, all the other SoC drivers were from the V112 package. The only device I installed using the V009 was the AR0543.
    I am so glad you solved it!i solved my issue.i tried to install the driver in the link but it didn't work.i installed win8.1 again,installed soc driver and then the geolocation driver was magically installed.i upgraded to win 10 again and everything is working smoothly.
    Thanks for the reply!!

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    5 times
    I have this same problem after doing a clean install: the webcam light is always on.
    So if I am correct I will have to install old windows 8.1 drivers?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links