Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Two problems with T100 after installing Win10(Camera light on and unknown device)

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    5 times
    Just tried to manually install the drivers from the package, but it refuses to do so. Hardware ID is the same as posted... Very annoying.

I also have no sound, though my sound card is installed.
    Last edited by N00dle; 11-20-2015 at 03:22 PM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    5 times
    I postes this elsewhere, but regarding to this, and other driver issues:

I fixed this issue by installing without an internet connection during the install, and not allowing windows update to run after the install.

After the install, install the last SOC package that is under the windows 8.1 section on the asus site, and then reboot.
    Some devices still showed up in the device manager as unknown device, and I was able to add a two more (sound drivers) by manually installing them from the drivers folder in the SOC Package.

Then I allowed windows to update. All works now, sound, webcam, touch pad, and so on.

A bit weird. If you let windows install all the drivers, you have to manually uninstall them from device manager and then install the sock package again, or manually update from the drivers folder in the package.
    janner43 likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by newtekie1 View Post
    After doing a clean install of Windows 10, my camera does not work. On the very first boot of Windows 10, the camera light comes on like the camera is on. I can use the Win10 camera app, and the camera works, but the camera will not turn off. I feel like I'm getting spied on, plus I think the camera always being on is really draining the battery.

I've tried V009, v106, and v112 of the SoC drivers. I did full installs of every version, as well as going through device manager and manually installing each version for both the Imaging Signal Processor 2400 and the Camera Sensor MT9M114. Doing reboots between switching between each driver version. Nothing will get the camera to turn off. I've also read the Win10 general issues about turning cortana off, and that is done. So nothing should be using the camera.

Another annoying thing is I have one Unknown device left in device manager. It says it is on the Atom I2C Controller, but no driver I install will get this Unknown Device to go away.
    "i had the same exactly the same problem and fix it by downloading the intel SOC drivers pack for wundows 8,1 (i have windows 10 (fresh install)). The light goes off and the "Unknown device" dissapear from the device manager.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi @ all,
    I had much the same problem as newteckie1, cameralight on, 2 unknown devices in devicemanager and no sound output (loudspeaker crossed out in status-line). Since I had already applied all Windows-updates and installed some software, I didn't want to reinstall the whole system, just to install the driver-pack before updating.

Also from newteckie1's post #8 I took the link to the Drivercollection and with the Device-ID of one of the unknown devices I found that it was a MT9M114-camera. This driver is not included in ASUS's SOC-Pack :-(( As newteckie1 mentioned other versions of the SOC-Pack, I downloaded and unzipped both available versions for Windows 8.1. With the use of „update driver“ in device-manager – search on this computer – pointing to the drivers-folder of the Win8.1-version, my device was found and installed. Camera-light off! Same procedure with the second unknown device and sound ist working fine :-)

Regards, Karl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links