Thread: Windows wont format/cant access windows anymore besides asus logo

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    0 times

Windows wont format/cant access windows anymore besides asus logo

Hi guys, I bought this t200 on 11 august and was very happy with it.

Occasionally, he didnt find any wifi networks but that was fixed quickly by just turning the computer on and off, until today.

Today at school(my second school day at university), i had no internet anymore. Turning the laptop on and off wouldnt so a thing. So i tried some things, like turning the broadcom device on and off via device manager. That also didnt work. A user in the internet on another topic suggested to delete the broadcom and then reboot, i did it and things only got worse. My laptop didnt recognize the broadcom wifi adapter anymore at all.

Then I tried to format windows(with saving documents addition) which unfortunately failed. After that, i tried to format it and added the option that everything would be cleaned, that failed also. c windows system32 logfiles srt srttrail.txt is apparently the error.

Now if i start the laptop, the asus logo will show but thereafter the screen just turns black. I tried system recovery but nothing worked. I tried system recovery and even startup repair but both fail.

What can I do? This sucks very hard because university just started 2 days ago, and i bought this laptop/tablet for it but now i cant even do anything,

Thanks in advance!

Edit: with format i mean reset
    Last edited by Jaystudent; 09-01-2015 at 05:17 PM.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    416 times
    Are you sure when it shows a black screen after the ASUS logo that it's not installing an update? Sometimes updates will stay black screen for many (long) minutes. I'd suggest waiting at least 10-15 minutes and see if something happens.

That's the one thing I hate about Windows updates... the black screen, even though things are happening.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey, i have the laptop open now for about 20 minutes but it still doesnt do anything and shows a black screen. If i touch the screen, i can see some "loading icon"(that circle that spins) but unfortunately still nothing has happened.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    103 times
    If you think it is truly stuck at the logo, make sure the device is off and take the tablet out of the dock. If you have an SD card in, I would take that out as well. Turn the tablet on by pressing vol + and then press power and then hold them both for 30-40 sec. It should go through some repair (hopefully). This is more for a T100 so I don't know for sure if it will work for a T200 but should be low risk.

If you should get it working again, have you run Asus Update to look for any wifi adapter driver updates? Or gone to the Asus website to look for any T200 driver updates?

Do you have any return course of action? It sounds pretty new.

Edit: I saw this in the T200 forum:
    Losing Wi-Fi (capability not connection)
    Last edited by fiat_lux; 09-01-2015 at 05:42 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fiat_lux View Post
    If you think it is truly stuck at the logo, make sure the device is off and take the tablet out of the dock. If you have an SD card in, I would take that out as well. Turn the tablet on by pressing vol + and then press power and then hold them both for 30-40 sec. It should go through some repair (hopefully). This is more for a T100 so I don't know for sure if it will work for a T200 but should be low risk.

If you should get it working again, have you run Asus Update to look for any wifi adapter driver updates? Or gone to the Asus website to look for any T200 driver updates?

Do you have any return course of action? It sounds pretty new.
    Hey! Thanks for the reply. I tried that before but that failed too unfortunately.

I could have brought the laptop back and receive a refund in 14 days but i unfortunately have the laptop now 3 weeks, so i cant return it back other than through warranty which usually takes more a month before i even get it back from them. Also i dont know if software issues do fall under warranty conditions.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    103 times
    Did you also try the vol down and power combination? I would still ask to return it. Ask to speak to a store manager. It was not functioning correctly with the wifi to begin with and you haven't done anything really wrong to brick it. Some stores can be understanding. Are you running Win 8.1 or did you upgrade to 10? If you have another computer, you could download the iso to a usb drive and see if it will boot to that and reinstall Windows.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaystudent View Post
    Hi guys, I bought this t200 on 11 august and was very happy with it.

Occasionally, he didnt find any wifi networks but that was fixed quickly by just turning the computer on and off, until today.

Today at school(my second school day at university), i had no internet anymore. Turning the laptop on and off wouldnt so a thing. So i tried some things, like turning the broadcom device on and off via device manager. That also didnt work. A user in the internet on another topic suggested to delete the broadcom and then reboot, i did it and things only got worse. My laptop didnt recognize the broadcom wifi adapter anymore at all.

Then I tried to format windows(with saving documents addition) which unfortunately failed. After that, i tried to format it and added the option that everything would be cleaned, that failed also. c windows system32 logfiles srt srttrail.txt is apparently the error.

Now if i start the laptop, the asus logo will show but thereafter the screen just turns black. I tried system recovery but nothing worked. I tried system recovery and even startup repair but both fail.

What can I do? This sucks very hard because university just started 2 days ago, and i bought this laptop/tablet for it but now i cant even do anything,

Thanks in advance!

Edit: with format i mean reset
    Hi Jaystudent, we are sorry to hear about this issue you are experiencing with your newly purchased Notebook and we will be happy to assist you in having this resolved. Seeing that you are unable to perform a factory reset, we can have you send your Notebook in for an assessment and servicing where necessary and get it back to you in the shortest possible time as you need this for school. Send us an email at socialsupportus@asus.com with your serial number and location.

You may reference this case number (N150904562) on your next contact. We will be more than happy to assist you. Once again, thank you for choosing ASUS products and services.

Thank you,

-In Search of Incredible-

Technical Support Department
    ASUS USA :: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support-
    williambs55 likes this.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    Hi Jaystudent, we are sorry to hear about this issue you are experiencing with your newly purchased Notebook and we will be happy to assist you in having this resolved. Seeing that you are unable to perform a factory reset, we can have you send your Notebook in for an assessment and servicing where necessary and get it back to you in the shortest possible time as you need this for school. Send us an email at socialsupportus@asus.com with your serial number and location.

You may reference this case number (N150904562) on your next contact. We will be more than happy to assist you. Once again, thank you for choosing ASUS products and services.

Thank you,

Hey, thank you very much for the help. I will try a clean install this friday when i get the ability to install windows 10 on my external hdd, if it isnt fixed friday i will mail you. Thanks.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post

Thank you,

Unfortunately, my problem still hasnt been solved. I tried a clean install but now my touchscreen isnt working either and wifi still not. I will mail you guys in an half hour.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    0 times
    Ctrl alt del at the same time go to task manager new task type in explorer

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links