Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times

TP300 Flip doesn't work (No auto rotate)

I have a Transformer Book TP300L, about 2 months old.
    Used to be when I flipped the laptop around, the keyboard and mouse used to be disabled automatically and the screen would auto-rotate. Now, when I flip it, nothing happens. The keyboard still works and buttons get pushed, or the mouse gets moved while I'm holding it. It no longer auto-rotates.
    When I try swiping from the right, hitting settings, then screen and try to unlock the screen rotation - holding the mouse over the lock icon it says "Autorotation is unavailable because you're using your pc as a laptop" even though I've already flipped the computer and am using it as a tablet.

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Welcome to the forum

I added "auto rotate" to the title to make it a little more visible and understood.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    It's not just the auto-rotate, but the keyboard doesn't turn off like it's supposed to. It's like the computer doesn't recognize that I've flipped it. And in the last 24 hours since I posted above, the two-finger-scroll has also stopped working. I went into Asus Smart Gesture and turned it off and back on again. I tried turning the laptop off and on again. But it still won't scroll with two fingers.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2827 times
    Moved from ANDROID TABLETS GENERAL!!!!

to Windows General & added model number

Try refreshing Windows...

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sss View Post
    I have a Transformer Book TP300L, about 2 months old.
    Used to be when I flipped the laptop around, the keyboard and mouse used to be disabled automatically and the screen would auto-rotate. Now, when I flip it, nothing happens. The keyboard still works and buttons get pushed, or the mouse gets moved while I'm holding it. It no longer auto-rotates.
    When I try swiping from the right, hitting settings, then screen and try to unlock the screen rotation - holding the mouse over the lock icon it says "Autorotation is unavailable because you're using your pc as a laptop" even though I've already flipped the computer and am using it as a tablet.
    It's not just the auto-rotate, but the keyboard doesn't turn off like it's supposed to. It's like the computer doesn't recognize that I've flipped it. And in the last 24 hours since I posted above, the two-finger-scroll has also stopped working. I went into Asus Smart Gesture and turned it off and back on again. I tried turning the laptop off and on again. But it still won't scroll with two fingers.
    We are sorry to hear about this issue and will be doing our best to assist you. Did this issue start after installing Windows updates? Update these drivers:

Invensense G-sensor driver
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download TP300LA

ASUS FlipLock

Follow these instructions to install the drivers:
    Step 1: Click "Global" ( not "Global DLM" ) for the driver to be installed and save folder to desktop >
    Step 2: Locate folder on desktop, right click it and click "Extract All" >
    Step 3: Open extracted folder and run "Setup" application file (The setup file may be located by looking for a file labelled as "Application" in the "Description" column in the window) >
    Step 4: Restart device

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to email us at socialsupportus@asus.com. You may reference this case number (N150382750) on your next contact. We will be more than happy to assist you. Once again, thank you for choosing ASUS products and services.

Thank you,

-In Search of Incredible-

Technical Support Department
    ASUS :: ASUS Service | North America
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    We are sorry to hear about this issue and will be doing our best to assist you. Did this issue start after installing Windows updates? Update these drivers:

Invensense G-sensor driver

ASUS FlipLock

Follow these instructions to install the drivers:
    Step 1: Click "Global" ( not "Global DLM" ) for the driver to be installed and save folder to desktop >
    Step 2: Locate folder on desktop, right click it and click "Extract All" >
    Step 3: Open extracted folder and run "Setup" application file (The setup file may be located by looking for a file labelled as "Application" in the "Description" column in the window) >
    Step 4: Restart device

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to email us at socialsupportus@asus.com. You may reference this case number (N150382750) on your next contact. We will be more than happy to assist you. Once again, thank you for choosing ASUS products and services.

Thank you,

-In Search of Incredible-

Technical Support Department
    ASUS :: ASUS Service | North America
    Thank you. The first problem was solved by following these steps. The keyboard still does not lock when flipping the laptop into a tablet, though. Any other suggestions?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    This problem still has not been solved. If I flip the computer into tent or tablet mode, the keyboard and mousepad do not disable. All updates are current.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book 100TAF
    Liked
    0 times
    "Autorotation is unavailable because you're using your pc as a laptop" even though I've already flipped the computer casesam and am using it as a tablet.Samsung Galaxy S6 edge cover
    Last edited by summera; 09-07-2015 at 07:42 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T300L
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi guys and girls

Not sure how much help this is. This worked for me. I have a TP300LD bought in the Philipines (cheaper there!) Great machine. I've been running Windows 10 for some weeks now without problems but today, somewhere between uninstalling McAfee, installing Office 365, and uninstalling Open Office, I realised my touchpad and keyboard wasn't locking anymore on flipping the screen over. My desktop background was also making weird little spots, like a grid?
    Tried all kinds of tricks but in the end: Control Panel - Programs - Uninstall a program - select Asus Fliplock - select "repair" in stead of uninstall and the rest flowed naturally.
    Live long and prosper!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T300L
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi I am new here...

This work for me:
    I downloaded this driver (ASUSFlipLockSetup_NoGMR.msi)
    From driverscollection dot com (just search on google the driver name)

Then delete or uninstall your flip lock program.
    Then unzip and install: ASUSFlipLockSetup_NoGMR.msi
    That's all is supposed to work immediately.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links