Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    6 times

Android lollipop for the tf201

Hi everyone.
    Just a heads up to tell you that there is a working version of android lollipop for the tf300 that works quite well on the prime.
    The step by step instructions are on this thread on xda:
    KatKiss Q&A TF201T | Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime | XDA Forums
    A tf201 specific zip file you can flash is on page 3 post #30.
    The files you'll need that are referred to in the step by step can be found here:
    ROM★★★TF201 KitKat 4.4.4-C… | Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime | XDA Forums
    They are under the download tab at the top of the thread and instructions are in post #4.

I installed it on my prime and other than a minor issue with my screen (and I seem to be the only one) it is lightning fast and very smooth. I would advise you to perform a factory reset including formatting data prior to installing. This means you should back up any files, photos, videos and anything else you want to save on an external storage. For titanium backup, you can restore apps but apps and data may cause issues. Allow the rom a couple of hours to settle in before major use, the first hour or 2 can be a little rough around the edges.
    Now go and enjoy some lollipop goodness.

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mediadriven View Post
    Hi everyone.
    Just a heads up to tell you that there is a working version of android lollipop for the tf300 that works quite well on the prime.
    The step by step instructions are on this thread on xda:
    KatKiss Q&A TF201T | Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime | XDA Forums
    A tf201 specific zip file you can flash is on page 3 post #30.
    The files you'll need that are referred to in the step by step can be found here:
    ROM★★★TF201 KitKat 4.4.4-C… | Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime | XDA Forums
    They are under the download tab at the top of the thread and instructions are in post #4.

I installed it on my prime and other than a minor issue with my screen (and I seem to be the only one) it is lightning fast and very smooth. I would advise you to perform a factory reset including formatting data prior to installing. This means you should back up any files, photos, videos and anything else you want to save on an external storage. For titanium backup, you can restore apps but apps and data may cause issues. Allow the rom a couple of hours to settle in before major use, the first hour or 2 can be a little rough around the edges.
    Now go and enjoy some lollipop goodness.
    OK I'll chime In. I have a gpe phone stock android 5 no root.
    only 2 issues I have;
    #1 file explorer es , still can't copy folder to SD cards.
    #2. new interface for recent app/web tabs lags frequently.
    hopefully app developers and google will update soon!

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    6 times
    I haven't tried to copy folder to sd on my tablet yet, but I use es file explorer and will report back later on it. On my htc one m7, I am running Cyanogenmod 12 unofficial and have had no problems. No lag on both devices for recent apps/tabs although my m7 would crash when clearing all recents if there were 8 or more recents/tabs on the list, but that was a much earlier build. No such problems now.

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    39 times
    on my recent screen it takes 1+ second before the x shows in upper right corner to allow you to x out of the app (even if you're just running 1-2 apps). also dolphin doesn't separate out each tab as a recent but chrome does. I know that's the new normal but its still annoying (having each tab counted as a recent app). Is there a way to disable this in chrome?
    update forget the above daq, you in fact can turn this off in chrome.
    Last edited by davioh; 12-06-2014 at 07:39 AM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by davioh View Post
    on my recent screen it takes 1+ second before the x shows in upper right corner to allow you to x out of the app (even if you're just running 1-2 apps). also dolphin doesn't separate out each tab as a recent but chrome does. I know that's the new normal but its still annoying (having each tab counted as a recent app). Is there a way to disable this in chrome?
    update forget the above daq, you in fact can turn this off in chrome.
    Easily done. While in chrome, double tap on home button to bring up what would usualy be the three dot menu. Under sttings turn "Merge tabs and app" off and voila.
    Edit: was writing this before I saw your update.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    501 times
    Am running 5.0 on my Nexus 5, no issue with recent ap
    S lagging...but if it helps, there is no need to wait for the X ypu can swipe them away.
    Swipe likes this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    As for the file management thing, I believe some file managers have updated to support the new permissions. You may just have to either wait, or try out a few Apps to see what has compatibility.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by frenziedfemale View Post
    Am running 5.0 on my Nexus 5, no issue with recent ap
    S lagging...but if it helps, there is no need to wait for the X ypu can swipe them away.
    sometimes the swipe away works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm not sure why that is. I'm not sure why it takes 1-2 seconds for the x to appear either. Its livable but a minor irritation I'll be glad for google to patch.
    PS I noticed encryption still seems to be off by default. To me this is a good thing at this point in time given the current state of today's hardware!

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    6 times
    Has anyone tried this besides me? I see a ton of views for the thread but no comments. Please comment, let me know what, if anything, you have to say. Need advice? I'm more than happy to help out and walk you through the process. On my end the experience has been pretty positive.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times

Whats new

I am running the Hairybean 2.31 rom on my tf201 prime. Do i need to change my TWRP AND bootloader 2.5 to install this CM11 rom 20140926? Which steps should I do? Or should I wait for loliPop?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links