Thread: Oops, deleted Google Play Services

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times

Oops, deleted Google Play Services

Hello, New to this site. I've already posted this in the wrong spot and just saw this section and have re-posted. Sorry.

I've got two issues, one caused by Google, and one by me.
    I was getting the DF-DLA-15 Error Message which prevented me from updating my Apps from Google Play Services. In trying to fix the DF-DLA-15 error I accidentally wiped Google Play Services which now prevents a number of Apps from running. My problem is, I cannot re-download Google Play Services from Google Play as the DF-DLA-15 error prevents this. How do I move forward to fix these two errors?
    Will a Factory Re-set re-install Google Play Services so I can again deal with the Error Message?
    I have a copy of Google Play Services on a flash drive. Do I have to root the tablet to manually re-load Google Play Services?
    Any assistance would be appreciated

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Welcome to the forum rosswill.
    I deleted your thread in the other section - can't even remember where that was, but it's gone

A factory reset will not do any repairs. It just removes the apps and settings the user has added to the original setup.
    If you have Play Services as an apk you can try to sideload it by going into Settings > Security and allow UNknown Sources.
    Then move the apk to your internal storage, tap on the file and let it install. I would reboot after that.

Now, if that does not work you can reflash the entire firmware. That would reinstall all the system software and get you back to square one.
    We have a guide for that, link is my signature, first thread under Tips and Tricks
    Last edited by droidbound; 09-20-2016 at 08:55 PM.
    janner43 likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links