Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times

Screen damaged in same place twice now, from keyboard dock?

So I have a 64gig TF201 with the keyboard dock. When I got my first tablet I took it out of the box and noticed the screen was damaged in the top left, about 2.5cm down from the top edge of the screen and about 3cm in from the right edge (as in edge of the LCD, not the unit). I took it back and got a replacement which developed a different issue. Got that one replaced and after about 2 weeks I noticed the screen had developed some impact damage in about the same place as the first one. Upon closer inspection the sticker that was applied to the dock had some kind of debris under it which caused the damage to the screen.. or at the time this is what I thought. Now I am on my 4th tablet and AGAIN it has the exact same damage in virtually the exact same spot.. a small dash or dot maybe .3mm long that when you run your fingernail over feels like it is impacted in. However on this 4th unit I removed the sticker. Now the rest of the screen is in PERFECT condition.. not a scratch or mark on it. My tablet spends maybe 60% of it's time closed, and my (maybe mistaken) assumption was that having a dock and gorilla class (which does not seem so gorilla.. maybe spider monkey glass is a better term) would protect the screen from any damage. So..

Has anyone else had a similar issue with the dock damaging the screen? I've NEVER closed anything in between the dock and screen. As I've mentioned, this is the 3rd tablet I've had with damage in the same part of the screen in exactly the same fashion (small impact dot that feels like it's been bashed in a little).

Super Moderator & Forum Sleuth
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1118 times
    ...had my prime 15 months, no issues with glass...in & out of the dock constantly.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok I've had a closer look and there is actually a tiny defect in the metal of the dock which over time has impacted the screen and caused the damage. Think it's time to just get a refund and find something else

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    I have now (very sadly might i add) returned my TF201 for a refund. Unfortunately Asus were completely no-responsive to my complaints and I have little faith in the quality of their products. The other unfortunate thing is the Transformer series is about the BEST android tablet on the market... looking for a new one is going to be very difficult.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links