Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovetosew44
    I am having problems also, but different from the ones listed here. I was able to update, but some programs are not working properly. I have to re download my book in overdrive everytime I restart my tablet which is frustrating (it says missing files and then I have to redownload the epub everytime) and the backspace key only works sometimes and if sitting it will just shut down and will not start back up right away. I am not sure about how much battery I had left when I was upgrading, I just upgraded when it came across the screen. Everything worked fine until this upgrade and I don't know exactly what to do to fix this.
    I had this exact problem on Overdrive after upgrading to Jellybean - it was getting infuriating. I think I've solved it by uninstalling Overdrive, doing a cold boot and reinstalling. At any rate, there was no issue this morning (for the first time since the upgrade). Further, one symptom of the issue was that the cover images of books had vanished; since the reinstall they're all back as well.

EDIT - Update: And now, this afternoon, a new problem. Overdrive won't load the books; just sticks at a white screen. Aargh! I seem to need to uninstall and reinstall the entire bloody app (and reauthorize Adobe ID and re-add the libraries etc) whenever I want to actually read a flipping book.
    Last edited by AndyC; 10-15-2012 at 06:51 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm having issues with my TFT 201 after Jelly Bean update, Restarts, constantly programs and keyboard don't respond. the Docking key board doesn't seem to respond! Help is there a fix out there how do I roll back?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Every time i try volume down and power button the tablet resets back to the asus logo.
    what does this mean?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnsPrime View Post
    After calling ASUS, and letting them walk me through the steps trying to fix this, I had to send it back for an RMA.

I really miss my tablet. It is under warranty, so they'll fix it for free (wish I had the tools to do it from my PC) but a) I had to pay the $20 to ship it to them (lotsa padding, big box and insurance will do that) and most importantly I will not have it back probably until around Halloween!

I MISS MY TABLET!

If I had the money I would get another one just to use while I wait.

Anyone want to rent me their tablet for a few weeks?
    Who did you ship it through? I'm really worried about shipping it and it breaks. Then i'll be out of a tablet for good!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    I've had similar issues with Jelly Bean except mine start way before this.
    I bought my tablet back in January and when I turned it on for the first time it updated to Ice Cream Sandwich. I was playing with it and all of the sudden it turned itself off. I would turn it back on and of course it would turn back off. I called ASUS they told me it was software issue and they wouldn't do anything for me so I should return it. I drove TWO HOURS to the closest place with a tablet (because I bought the last one in my city) and when I got home it didn't show that it had an update. I was fine with that because I didn't want to have the same issues.
    Six months later I still haven't had the option to have OTA update so I started researching to find out that people have serial number issues. Some primes had unknown serial numbers which prevents the tablet from receiving OTA updates. Look at my tablet and sure enough my serial number is UNKNOWN.
    So I manually update to Ice Cream Sandwich and everything works perfect. UNTIL I decided that I wanted to have Jelly Bean. So I manually update it (because i'll never get OTA updates) finish the installation, tablet resets and is stuck on the ASUS loader screen.
    I spent TWO hours on the phone with ASUS trying to figure out why I had to spend money to ship a tablet they is clearly POORLY made and is ultimately their issue, not mine. But of course after speaking to three people I was not placated and now have to ship my tablet with all of my Graduate school information and work to ASUS.
    If it weren't for the fact that I cannot get rid of this tablet for near the money I spent for it, I would buy a completely different tablet away from the ASUS brand.
    By the way, don't say their name incorrect (i.e., ASIS) because they will correct you (A SOOS). And whoever told them they were the number one company lied...to...their...face.

UPDATE:
    I saw in another forum that tablets bought from BestBuy can be exchanged for a new tablet or a gift card as long as the manufacturer's warranty is still valid. So I went up to customer support told them what happened and now I'm charging my brand new Asus TF700 (Transformer Pad Infinity). Hopefully something good will come of this.
    Last edited by tsaman2; 10-21-2012 at 03:39 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    1. ok, sent it in for repair - they changed the motherboard and returned it... - after I turned it on I find out it has Android 3.2.1 developers ROM which is slow, blinks red around edges, unresponsive and can't be updated
    2. sent for repair again - they change the motherboard again and return it - now I'm on Andorid 4.0.3 and not sure I'll allow it to update any more - sorry but this is a broken product - no more Android tablets/laptops for me - If I can't legaly put Debian on it I won't buy it...

VERY, VERY disapointed owner of an "Asus ex-brick probably soon to be brick again"

Quote Originally Posted by hvulin View Post
    Same here, girlfriend said she was prompted for update and she just said yes... battery was probably low but I believe it still finished ok. Now I only get ASUS logo...
    vol down + power = just boot to logo and nothing else...
    vol up + power = the only way to turn it (or just the screen, who knows) off

cold boot = no work
    reset by paper clip = reset but only to ASUS logo....

why can't it throw a dump or error log to the screen when it fails and not just this stinking logo... Both bateries are now full and still the same... I nothing else works I guess I'll have to find out where the authorizes service is in my part of the world

Why oh, why, did they have to combine firmware with OS - I never bricked my PC in more then 20years and I already lost at least 5y of my life with Android devices bricking themselves....

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    same problem is here lol we will wait time will be fix it
    Last edited by fullcontrol; 02-25-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Ads