Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    6 times
    Once mine finally downloaded the update my prime seemed to of hung on the Asus screen as well on its first reboot.. I wasn't paying 100% attention to it at the time so it probably sat on the screen for 5 minutes with out any sign of updating.. I thought OH NOES! reached up tapped the power button to see if the screen would go off and instead.. it finished whatever it was doing and continued the reboot and went on to install the update.

Either I got lucky.. or something interrupted / corrupted your update

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    usually...when my TF101 out of power..then i can connect to charge...it will automatic START..and charge by itself...but today...when i charge it...it didn't start even the power charge is charge ....til really hot.STILL NO RESPON...WHERE? I LIVE AT NYC..............how can i fix it? i buy it last yr..during thanksgiving on AMAZON...
    'should i get a new one...?? CAN I SELL IT BACK TO SOMEWHERE ELSE AND GET SOME MONEY??

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    What I hate the most is the attitude! Ok, I'll take it to them for repair but what if it happens again? Why don't they release the tools for us to repair this ourselves????? And drop the stupid logo and just write the logfile to the console while booting...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Yep, I'm in the same boat (and I have a sinking feeling). I did the normal update procedure and ended up with nothing but a logo screen for my trouble. No cold boot access or anything. Only way to turn it off is holding VOL UP+POWER until it vibrates.
    Last edited by Ranger1968; 10-04-2012 at 02:10 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    After calling ASUS, and letting them walk me through the steps trying to fix this, I had to send it back for an RMA.

I really miss my tablet. It is under warranty, so they'll fix it for free (wish I had the tools to do it from my PC) but a) I had to pay the $20 to ship it to them (lotsa padding, big box and insurance will do that) and most importantly I will not have it back probably until around Halloween!

I MISS MY TABLET!

If I had the money I would get another one just to use while I wait.

Anyone want to rent me their tablet for a few weeks?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnsPrime View Post
    I let it go dead and charged it back up. No dice.

arghhhhhh

When Asus flash it back to life for me will I lose everything? I have a ton of pictures and videos on my prime that I really don't want to lose.

I wish I could connect it to my pc and get that stuff off it. (I backup all my computers why oh why did I not back this up????)
    I've given up and registered it for RMA. Clearly not quite attaining "Persistent Perfection" yet lads
    Fortunately I've not got too much to loose on it other than my daughter's art work which is a shame to loose and I will definitely be backing up from now on. Really quite annoying though.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    After calling ASUS, and letting them walk me through the steps trying to fix this, I had to send it back for an RMA.

I really miss my tablet. It is under warranty, so they'll fix it for free (wish I had the tools to do it from my PC) but a) I had to pay the $20 to ship it to them (lotsa padding, big box and insurance will do that) and most importantly I will not have it back probably until around Halloween!

I MISS MY TABLET!

If I had the money I would get another one just to use while I wait.

Anyone want to rent me their tablet for a few weeks?
    John how did you register your Prime for RMA? Are you in the U.S.? Do I call "system product support"? I want to get this darn thing shipped out of here.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times
    I have the same problem. Frozen. Unit was fully charged. No battery trouble.
    But I cannot see anything but the Asus opening screen and am only able to turn it off by holding the vol. button while pressing the on/off button. It does close down but when I start it again, it sticks on the Asus opening screen. The same screen everyone above is seeing.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonNC View Post
    John how did you register your Prime for RMA? Are you in the U.S.? Do I call "system product support"? I want to get this darn thing shipped out of here.
    I put a ticket in, but I soon grew tired of waiting (over 48 hours later, there was no reply) so I called their toll free number.

WOW... just checked, and the ticket I opened on the 3rd still has no reply, so I certainly made the right call, by calling.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    I put a ticket in, but I soon grew tired of waiting (over 48 hours later, there was no reply) so I called their toll free number.

WOW... just checked, and the ticket I opened on the 3rd still has no reply, so I certainly made the right call, by calling.
    I first made a "technical inquiry" on the asus support page about my problem, 3 business days later i received a response through email instructing me to submit an RMA for this problem. I submitted the RMA with the link provided, and by this afternoon it will be 48 hours since my RMA was submitted.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Ads