Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    53 times

Re: Please HELP! Jellybean broke my TF201!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnsPrime View Post
    So far there appears to be no way to shut it off.

As soon as I plug the power cable in, it vibrates and shows that same screen. From it I seem unable to get it into the mode you are suggesting.

I can use a paperclip to press in the reset button, and then while it is off (while holding in the reset button) I can begin pressing the power button and the down volume. I then release the paper clip and continue to hold the power button and the down volume button. Same screen appears, but in about 8-10 second the unit vibrates and the screen goes blank, and then BAM... same boot screen appears.

Never get to see the small white text on top or anything.
    John the battery has to be depleted , completely dead, then the Prime will shut off. Plug the charger in and let it charge for a couple of hours and then turn it on.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    I finally discovered a way to get the power off.

Press in a paperclip into the small reset port along the left edge. As long as you hold it in there the screen will be blank and when you release it the prime will once again begin booting. I held down the power button and both the up and down volume buttons all at the same time and then released the paper clip. The screen is back and it did not reset/reboot.

I am going to leave it like this for 2 hours, while connected to a wall outlet and then try one last time to boot it.

I really don't want to lose everything.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnsPrime View Post
    So far there appears to be no way to shut it off.

As soon as I plug the power cable in, it vibrates and shows that same screen. From it I seem unable to get it into the mode you are suggesting.

I can use a paperclip to press in the reset button, and then while it is off (while holding in the reset button) I can begin pressing the power button and the down volume. I then release the paper clip and continue to hold the power button and the down volume button. Same screen appears, but in about 8-10 second the unit vibrates and the screen goes blank, and then BAM... same boot screen appears.

Never get to see the small white text on top or anything.
    Yes, I can't get into that mode with the white test either. Just won't work. Nothing is working.

I just emailed a technical request to asus identifying the scenario and sent a picture of screen its stuck on.

However, If you push the reset with a paperclip while pressing the "up" volume button it will shut down the tablet and she won't reboot. The "down" volume button is not doing anything.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Same here, girlfriend said she was prompted for update and she just said yes... battery was probably low but I believe it still finished ok. Now I only get ASUS logo...
    vol down + power = just boot to logo and nothing else...
    vol up + power = the only way to turn it (or just the screen, who knows) off

cold boot = no work
    reset by paper clip = reset but only to ASUS logo....

why can't it throw a dump or error log to the screen when it fails and not just this stinking logo... Both bateries are now full and still the same... I nothing else works I guess I'll have to find out where the authorizes service is in my part of the world

Why oh, why, did they have to combine firmware with OS - I never bricked my PC in more then 20years and I already lost at least 5y of my life with Android devices bricking themselves....

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    43 times
    Just a thought, Have you tried removing any/ all sd cards from your prime, it could be reading them & getting stuck on reboot screen...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattblue View Post
    Just a thought, Have you tried removing any/ all sd cards from your prime, it could be reading them & getting stuck on reboot screen...
    Good idea!

Removed SD Card and it didn't make any difference I am sorry to report.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    43 times
    Well it was worth a try - Welcome to the forum anyways...

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    53 times

Re: Please HELP! Jellybean broke my TF201!

Sounds like you guys are bricked. I would get an RMA on the Primes. Unless you can gain fastboot access, but I'm guessing your computers won't recognize the Primes.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I am having problems also, but different from the ones listed here. I was able to update, but some programs are not working properly. I have to re download my book in overdrive everytime I restart my tablet which is frustrating (it says missing files and then I have to redownload the epub everytime) and the backspace key only works sometimes and if sitting it will just shut down and will not start back up right away. I am not sure about how much battery I had left when I was upgrading, I just upgraded when it came across the screen. Everything worked fine until this upgrade and I don't know exactly what to do to fix this.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    53 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetosew44 View Post
    I am having problems also, but different from the ones listed here. I was able to update, but some programs are not working properly. I have to re download my book in overdrive everytime I restart my tablet which is frustrating (it says missing files and then I have to redownload the epub everytime) and the backspace key only works sometimes and if sitting it will just shut down and will not start back up right away. I am not sure about how much battery I had left when I was upgrading, I just upgraded when it came across the screen. Everything worked fine until this upgrade and I don't know exactly what to do to fix this.
    You may want ro read this guide at this link and follow the directions under a full os upgrade. I think you will find that a factory reset will solve a lot of problems.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Ads