Thread: Forced to reboot from timeout to sleep mode when docked after JB update

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times

Forced to reboot from timeout to sleep mode when docked after JB update

Has anybody else had this problem? When the TF201 goes into sleep mode on a time-out when plugged into the keyboard dock, it won't wake up again and a reboot is needed. It's fine with going into sleep mode under all other circumstances (e.g. closing the pad onto the keyboard dock, using the lock key on the keyboard dock, sleeping on timeout when undocked). It's only this one situation where you have the pad in the dock, and haven't touched it for a while, where it seems to get permanently locked and needs a reboot. Very irritating if you have a short timeout period. I've seen a few postings which indicate that this happens on other Transformers but not specifically the TF201.

Didn't have this problem before I did the JB update the other day. I've done a cold reboot and that didn't clear the issue.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Maybe check your setting and try turning this on or off, then test it: New Jellybean may have reset whatever you had it set to.

settings>Asus customized setting>MobileDock Battery saving mode

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the suggestion. The battery-saving mode was set to "on", so I changed it to "off" and that seemed - at least initially - to have fixed the problem. However, that was an illusion because I was restarting too quickly - if you let it go into sleep mode ("lid-up" when docked) and then leave it for a while before trying to restart, it needs to be rebooted to get going again. Very annoying.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    46 times
    Quote Originally Posted by drjohninsonning View Post
    Has anybody else had this problem? When the TF201 goes into sleep mode on a time-out when plugged into the keyboard dock, it won't wake up again and a reboot is needed. It's fine with going into sleep mode under all other circumstances (e.g. closing the pad onto the keyboard dock, using the lock key on the keyboard dock, sleeping on timeout when undocked). It's only this one situation where you have the pad in the dock, and haven't touched it for a while, where it seems to get permanently locked and needs a reboot. Very irritating if you have a short timeout period. I've seen a few postings which indicate that this happens on other Transformers but not specifically the TF201.

Didn't have this problem before I did the JB update the other day. I've done a cold reboot and that didn't clear the issue.
    It has been reported in another forum that the sleep of death is back. One reported cure is that if you have an sd card in your dock is to remove it and that seems to cure it.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    38 times
    Most members on the forum recommend a factory reset after the jellybean updateThis clears out alot of cobwebs & gremlins... Hope that helps!

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks - did a factory reset and the problem seems to have gone away... I think.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    27 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ncphoto View Post
    It has been reported in another forum that the sleep of death is back. One reported cure is that if you have an sd card in your dock is to remove it and that seems to cure it.
    having read all the comments, checked mobiledock,...and it is, was still unchecked. i have cards in both the tablet and the dock so that solution does not work for me either and i did the factory reset before installing jb also. i can manually put it to sleep by pressing once on the power button but that is the only way. side note i used to be able to wake from sleep by pressing any key on the dock or the power button and now only pressing the power button works. hopefully an update will come out soon to resolve this as i have had no luck yet.

UPDATE, found what appears to be a fix, settings, asus cust. setting, down power management and "enable smart backlight adjuster" that was the only item checked under power management. i unchecked it did a quick test and it seems to have solved the restart issue, why it would matter i do not know but for me it works anyway. still hoping for a patch soon nonetheless.
    Funny, how just when you think life can't possibly get any worse it suddenly does. -Douglas Adams-

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times
    I know that this thread is around 2 weeks old, but I wanted to let everyone know that I have performed some testing and found that this issue occurs when anything at all is plugged into the tablet and the tablet goes to sleep ON ITS OWN. I have found that this is the case with an SD card left in the dock, with a thumb drive left in the dock, and with a mouse plugged in (wired and wireless). Without anything plugged in, the tablet can go to sleep on its own without any problems and with items plugged in, you can force it to sleep (via lock button on dock, closing the lid, tablet power button, etc.) without issue but if you let it go to sleep on its own and leave anything plugged into the USB or SD card slots the problem arises. Hopefully ASUS will issue an update to fix this soon and if anyone has a fix, please let us know.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the post guys. I just got my tablet back from RMA and was finding it rebooting constantly (every 4 minutes or so). I ran some tests and while I can't say that it is better yet because it's only been a half hour but with no SD card or mouse plugged in I have been stable for 30 minutes. If I plug in a dongle for a mouse or an SD card I can get it to crash within 4 minutes.

I have pointed an ASUS support person at this thread.
    Last edited by sancmat; 10-19-2012 at 09:14 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links