Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times

My Tablet won't turn on.....

Okay so like I just got my keyboard dock yesterday and had my tablet in it all day hoping it would recharge it. (From other question my tablet wouldn't recharge...) But it kinda only recharged allitle bit then stoped... How do you recharge the keyboard, then have it recharge your tablet?
    (Sorry for asking two questions in one thread...But I didn't wan't to overflood the forums with my problems)
    Okay now on to the Real question so I drained my tablet to 9% last night and kept it pluged in the keyboard dock and recharged both on the rechargeing dock. Then when I woke up My tablet wouldn't turn on...

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    718 times
    Did you charge both the Dock and Tablet for about 8 hours to begin with? If so, maybe your charger is defective? It sounds like your tablet battery is dead (and probably the Dock too). I would plug your charger into the tablet only and give it a few hours to see if it charges. I'm not sure if the Prime works exactly like the TF101 but with mine when the Tablet is attached to the Dock, the charger is plugged into the dock and eventually both will charge up. Then after the charging is complete, the Dock continues to charge the Tablet until it is down to 3% then the Tablet exhaust it's own battery.

Once you get it going again, get Dual Battery widget from the Play Store so you can see what's up at all times.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    423 times
    Try charging your tablet by itself to a full charge, then do the same with the dock. Connect them together and do a cold boot, there are instructions in one of the links in my signature. See if that helps you at all. It sounds like something is wonky.
    TF101! - Running Domination built on my beautiful ArchLinux box!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Stock Sadly...
    Custom Built Desktop - Intel I7 w/ Windows7 & ArchLinux Dual boot - Go LINUX!
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

Great Help Guide Here -> Frederucos Fantastical Forum Favorites
    And Here -> Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Oh thank y'all so much!
    Yeah it needed to be recharged XD
    But a cold boot... Sorry but I have no idea what that is...

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    423 times
    Cold Boot (aka Hard Reset)
    Unplug the power cord and shut the unit off. Press and hold the VOL DOWN and then POWER button at the same time for at least 10-12 seconds until after the start-up screen appears and is joined by some small print at the top of the screen then let them both go. If the TF booted the way it always does, you have not accomplished the task,try again until you have seen the 2 icons in the screen.

After a few seconds you should see a couple of shapes in the middle of the screen called "Wipe Data" and "Android". The right "Android" will have a green highlight fading in and out. Wait a few more seconds until the term "Cold Booting Linux" appears in the list near the top of the screens and let it reboot. If you own a keyboard dock be sure you do this with the dock connected.

This applies to all TF models, however, if your Prime is locked up, there is a reset available using the hole just below the SD Card slot, this is NOT the same as a hard reset.
    And that is a cold boot.
    TF101! - Running Domination built on my beautiful ArchLinux box!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Stock Sadly...
    Custom Built Desktop - Intel I7 w/ Windows7 & ArchLinux Dual boot - Go LINUX!
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

Great Help Guide Here -> Frederucos Fantastical Forum Favorites
    And Here -> Master Help Guide

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    486 times
    Here you go...

"Cold Boot (aka Hard Reset)
    Unplug the power cord and shut the unit off. Press and hold the VOL DOWN and then POWER button at the same time for at least 10-12 seconds until after the start-up screen appears and is joined by some small print at the top of the screen then let them both go. If the TF booted the way it always does, you have not accomplished the task,try again until you have seen the 2 icons in the screen.

After a few seconds you should see a couple of shapes in the middle of the screen called "Wipe Data" and "Android". The right "Android" will have a green highlight fading in and out. Wait a few more seconds until the term "Cold Booting Linux" appears in the list near the top of the screens and let it reboot. If you own a keyboard dock be sure you do this with the dock connected.

This applies to all TF models, however, if your Prime is locked up, there is a reset available using the hole just below the SD Card slot, this is NOT the same as a hard reset."

Ads