Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times

pattern locked TP wont let me sign in with google account

Hey,
    My sister locked her TP with a pattern and, of course, she didnt remember it right and locked it. The TP wont ask me for that schema again but it asked her for her google account but she couldnt sign in. I tested her account : i can connect to her gmail on my PC (so username/password are ok) but they wont work on her TP. Neither with the user@gmail.com/password nor only user/password -that is to say without the "@gmail.com" part
    So i tried to to a factory reset with the volume button while turning the TP on. It goes ok it asks me to wipe data/android, i tried both since in both cases, it brings me back to the screen asking me to fill her account name/password.

My guesses are
    i need to log in to be able to do a factory reset.
    the TP need an internet connection to let me connect with user/pass but wifi is turn off and i cannot switch it on

I got no clue about what to do.

I guess i should follow the goodintentions notes on this thread : http://www.transformerforums.com/for...ory-reset.html (but not the check part ^^)

Before getting to that solution, i d like to get your advice. If someone had the same problem and can help me here.

Thx in advance

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Just so you don't feel ignored, let me just tell you that, while I am sure your problem is genuine, we cannot give you much advice as there are some unscrupulous folks out there who steal devices & then pretend to ask for help.

The procedure you have followed for your sister would have worked if you had been on her wifi & connected.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Since i bought the device for her, my wifi network is already configured on her TP but i cannot connect to it. I tried to use the wifi button from keyboard dock which doesnt help much in my particular case. I guess the TP want me to first login before being able to connect to wifi.

I got no clue how to make you sure i am the legal owner of this TP but i want to know if the procedure told my goodintentions should be followed in my case (i am pretty sure i can do it) or if there are other easier ways to do it

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    145 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GusG View Post
    Since i bought the device for her, my wifi network is already configured on her TP but i cannot connect to it. I tried to use the wifi button from keyboard dock which doesnt help much in my particular case. I guess the TP want me to first login before being able to connect to wifi.

I got no clue how to make you sure i am the legal owner of this TP but i want to know if the procedure told my goodintentions should be followed in my case (i am pretty sure i can do it) or if there are other easier ways to do it
    There are two factory resets available to android users-- one does require you to log in to the device, and search in the Settings section. The other? Not so much-- it utilizes the hard-coded keys to go into a factory reset mode-- if you search diligently here or there, you'll find many examples of how to get this one started. As far as I know, that's the only way to get past the security on a locked device (as you have).

Of course, it will wipe out everything on the tablet, except for the original installed Apps-- so once done, it will be as if you just took it out of the box. But all the internal memory, including anything on the internal SDCARD will be erased. An external microSD card is safe, of course.

Lastly, I suspect there is a way around the lock, using the ADB engine, which you run on a pc, to "terminal in" to the tablet-- you'd likely need to put it into a special terminal mode, again you can do this with just the external keys (the screen will remain blank here), but I do not remember exactly how to do that one, sorry. But once in terminal mode, and connected to the PC, and running ADB commands, I'd be quite surprised if you could not eliminate the locked condition or even wipe out the lock settings.

I remember you could easily defeat Windows 98's lock-out, by simply booting wit a DOS diskette, and searching for any file ending in .PWD and simply deleting those... I suspect it's similar on Android-- but you'd have to know which file was which, and frankly, I have no idea how to do that.

My tablet has no locking of any kind-- I detest these actually-- and since I have a keyboard to protect from accidental screen-touches? I disabled the locking bug--erm-- "feature"

TF101 B70 series, USA running Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3, rooted. 64gb microSDXC, keyboard dock with 32gb microSDHC in an adapter
    Dell Streak 7 running Honeycomb 3.2, rooted. 64gb SDXC. Mainly used as a music player.
    Virgin Mobile Optimus Slider, rooted -- frequently used as WiFi hotspot. 16gb microSDHC.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GusG View Post

What procedure are you talking about that I have given?

Anyway, I've decided to wash my hands clean of helping people who magically forgot their passwords and not have wifi access or any other indication of ownership. There was one guy who came to me needing my help because his supposed laptop was passworded. I lightly asked what manufacturer it was and he didn't know. I asked what model it was and he didn't know. I asked what operating system was on there and he didn't know. I asked him for the charging cable and he claimed he lost it. By this time, I was pretty amused. So, I turned on the laptop and asked him lightly what his username was ane he didn't know.

I'm sorry, but if you have no way to show us your ownership of whatever device you need help unlocking, perhaps a pawnshop is a better place to go?
    Bob_of_QF likes this.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    A little but possibly important hint for the future. Some people, in order to save battery, turn their WiFi off. This would be a good example of why not to do that. If you install Auto Airplane Mode, (by DON), WiFi turns itself back on just by waking the tablet with no login or PIN required.

Might very well have saved you bacon.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by goodintentions View Post
    What procedure are you talking about that I have given?
    The one i linked in my first post. (In my first link you had to scroll a bit) here is a direct link to your post : http://www.transformerforums.com/for...tml#post157748

Anyway, I've decided to wash my hands clean of helping people who magically forgot their passwords (...)
    I *KNOW* my sister's password but it wont work cause i *cannot* connect to wifi since she tried to unlock her TP 3 times and it now only wants the user/password login which i cannot do, again not because we dont know her password but because the TP have wifi off. But as i said in my first post, i tried her password on my pc to connect on her gmail and it works fine.

I'm sorry, but if you have no way to show us your ownership of whatever device you need help unlocking, perhaps a pawnshop is a better place to go?
    Please tell me what you consider being a proof that i own that TP and ill do cause this is fairly easy for me, i _did_ buy it (for her birthday). I know the model, i know the update she is on, i know the user, i know the password, i even should be able to get her tell me all applications installed on the TP.
    Just tell me what you consider to be proof and ill give it to you.
    Getting to the shop were i bought it wouldnt help much cause they got no people knowing that kind of product, they just return it to asus and we ll have to wait at least a month while doing a dd is not a problem for me since i know linux pretty well.

I got the feeling that you didnt read my very first postor maybe too fast so i would be pleased if you do and if you could help causeshe would really like to get her TP back.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_of_QF View Post
    There are two factory resets available to android users
    And as i said in my first post i tried both. None worked

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_of_QF View Post
    Lastly, I suspect there is a way around the lock, using the ADB engine
    That is why i asked about this solution in my first post.

But thanks for your help anyway

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    As far as I know, there isn't a good reason for a proper factory reset not to have worked. You may want to try again.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    As far as I know, there isn't a good reason for a proper factory reset not to have worked. You may want to try again.
    Oh believe me i tried a thousand of time to do it before posting here since i did want to give the TP back to my sister today (she lives 150 km away so i dont see her everyday ) None of thousand tries did work.

Maybe i did it wrong (but i doubt it, i even watched youtube videos to see if iwas right) ? i "click" on On button and Level Down for like 12 seconds until it writes something in left had upper corner and i tried both options that i then have. Every time it immediatly went back to the screen asking for user/password which i know but the TP wont let me in probably cause it needs an internet connection first.
    Since the prcoedure by goodintentions seems to be a rewrite of the internal drive with an original version of the OS i may want to try that i d just like to know if it seems the good way according to an android/Transformer Prime expert.
    Thanks for the advise tough and yeah (from your earlier post) having an auto wifi enabled would have greatly helped me but i dont want that on my own TP cause i use it a lot with my 3 year old child (...) But i could try to get it on my sister's TP

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links