Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times

Question Android browser thinks I'm in France

So I went to France on holiday for a week, and now every time I search using the Android Browser's address bar it redirects me to Google.fr. I've tried going into Google's preferences and setting my language as English and setting my location as London, I've tried clearing the cookies, cache and everything else I can clear in the Android browser's settings, but no dice - it still insists I'm in France. How do I fix this?? Because it's driving me insane.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    11 times
    I think that the emperis(spelling?) data that would supply location info is stuck in France. I had the same thing happen with a GPS app a few yrs ago...Got on a plane in mid-New York State...shut off my GPS for the flight....arrived at Newark in NYC, and when I tried to activate GPS in the terminal, it put me in the middle of a lake in upper NYS. With the GPS, I used a GPS tool and forced a "cold start and dumped the data on the GPS.

With the Prime, I'm not sure exactly how to solve. First, I'd turn of Google location services, and try to use the WiFi data to break the "Google.Fr" link. A reboot might also help. I think that a Factory reset would probably solve the issue, and since your Prime is working, you can backup your apps and stuff, then reinstall them after the reset.

You could also try using some GPS test apps to get your fix via GPS...I'd get a lock, then let it sit there for a long time, to make sure that all the old emperis data has been replaced.

As far as the apps go, there is "GPS Status"...under "tools", there is an option "manage A-GPS"...under that is a choice to clear all data
    Following the instructions in the app, you may be able to download a new set of data.
    There is also an app called "GPS Doctor" that might work....Both those apps are available thru the Amazon App store.

Good luck...Let me know your solution
    bob

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links