Thread: Asus Transformer Prime - green screen camera problem

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times

i7

I have the same problem. I called their support center and they set up an rma for me.

They told me the turn around time for repairs is 2 weeks, not including shipping time.

What bothers me is that they want me to pay to ship the tablet to them. WTF should I have to pay to ship them a product that is defective. So essentially NOW my tranformer prime costs $10 more than yours.

BS

juber1

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    [QUOTE=maxee_max;175865]Hi.

I just bought a new Transformer Prime (TF201) which came with Android version 4.0.3, firmware version 9.4.2.21 and camera version 0x9900 and i am unable to use the main camera at the rear of the device. When i try to use it i get green noise and patterns instead of the actual image. When taking the photo, the resulting photo is a solid green image. Trying to adjust some camera settings or trying to enter video mode results in the whole device freezing on a completely black screen or even rebooting itself. I have tested this with various camera applications: stock, Instagram, Facebook, Skype and Google+. All seem to have the same symptoms, though the only one completely freezing or rebooting seems to be the stock application.

The front camera (the one pointing towards the tablet user) is fine and is displaying and taking the images correctly.

Any flick between the two cameras seems to be fine when flicking from the non-working one to the working one, but really slow from the working one to the non-working one.

I would really appreciate any help on this.
    Mine is doing the

Also, would you recommend I go and exchange the item with the retailer (though seeing the amount of people on-line having the same problem, makes me think all the current Transformer Primes have the same problem) or should i talk to Asus and see what they have to say on the matter? Or finally, would it just be better to swap it with a Samsung Galaxy Tab?

Best regards,

I too have this problem.I contacted Asus .Office Depot will not replace the TP.What a bummer!I think it is a defect that will sooner or later happen to all TPs.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    I found a suggestion. I fixed this problem in my Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Tolian
    Hello!

If you have Transformer Prime TF201 and something strange with green screen in you back camera, I can help you to manage this problem.

Open your camera program.
    See bad green screen or something unrecognizable.
    Open Options.
    Change quality to 3 Mps.
    Change sides to 16/9.
    Turn focus to "far away" (not auto).
    Press by your finger to back camera with some power for 5-7 seconds.
    Move finger away.
    If it's - have a fun!
    If it's not - press again.
    Open Options.
    Change quality and sides back for your pleasure.
    When you make photos you can turn on "Auto focus", but when you turn off camera program you should change in options focus to "far away" (not auto).
    I hope it will be fixed in Andriod 4.0.4.

Tolian, http://www.opexobo.ru
    Source Link
    Last edited by Frederuco; 06-04-2012 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Added fix from source link
    Apocalypse will not be!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times

Firware Update

Asus pushes out firmware update ICS v9.4.2.28 today, hopefully it will resolve our problems

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Updated my transformer prime today. Unfortunately, the camera problem is still there. No fix!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Our TF201 will be going out for repair under RMA for the rear camera issue in about a week or so. Also been having some issues with the TFP freezing and spontaneously rebooting from time-to-time too.

If this isn't fixed this time, I'm going to insist on replacement with a newly mfg unit. It worked properly for about 6 weeks after the first RMA (for a problem with audio which required the mobo to be replaced).

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    3 times
    I went to take a picture yesterday and discovered this same problem. Called Asus support and they said do a cold boot and factory reset. Nothing changed. Sent me a RMA. I'm overnighting it today. How quick is the repair process? Or do they just send you a new one? I'm leaving the country on the 30th and I had big plans for my tablet. Really hoping I get it back in time.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times

Green Screen Camera

Quote Originally Posted by JoanneDisFan View Post
    I went to take a picture yesterday and discovered this same problem. Called Asus support and they said do a cold boot and factory reset. Nothing changed. Sent me a RMA. I'm overnighting it today. How quick is the repair process? Or do they just send you a new one? I'm leaving the country on the 30th and I had big plans for my tablet. Really hoping I get it back in time.
    I too have sent mine in today.Same problem.I wonder how long this will take...I shipped USPS.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    I just got mine back after getting the rear camera repaired from the infamous green distortion. It took exactly 2 weeks for the whole process to complete.

I saw on the paper included with my prime they have shipped back, they repaired the problem by replacing the rear camera completely... Guess it was hardware that appeared to be the issue... coincidentally

Anyways, now my screen flickers after updating lol... I'm so bummed.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    3 times
    Just received notification that they have repaired my tablet and shipping it back. Should have it probably by Wednesday. I guess my letter requesting a quick repair worked. Was worried I wouldn't have it before the 30th when I travel out of the country.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Ads