Thread: gfx issues

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times

gfx issues

I`m having some graphic issues while running some apps. It doesn`t happen often and it only seems to happen while using apps. I`ve also never seen it happen on the main screen. The only way I can describe it as interference or static. It`s not really that bad but it does give me cause for alarm since my month is almost over to return it to best buy. There was also this one time where it happened in firefox and about an inch out the whole left side was all static and it stopped when I closed the app but after I closed it the main screen was shifting up and down...kinda weird. Anyway the apps that it happened on was fpse, gameboid, and firefox. Its worked fine for 3 weeks and I never dropped it. The only thing that happened was I dropped a quarter on the aluminum side of my prime. I`ve seen some threads that have similar issues and most people have found that it`s just a problem with incompatibility between the apps in question and ICS. I certainly hope that`s the case. Any input would be great, thanks.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    140 times
    Quickest way to resolve this is to take it back to BB.

You can try a Cold Boot and see if it helps, but don't miss the window with BB return policy
    Use the link below from Leeshor, one of our Super Moderators for instructions.

http://www.transformerforums.com/for...inks-help.html
    Before anyone takes my advice, please read the disclaimer below
    He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence,
    and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
    Douglas Adams

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    I really hope that it doesn't come down to bringing it back to best buy, especially after reading all the problems that the prime has. After all, the next prime might have more problems. Everything works fine on this tablet besides what I stated earlier. I tried the cold boot and I haven't seen any problems since (although its only been a few hours). Anyway does anybody think that it could just be a incompatibility issue with the apps or something software related that could be fixed. I wish that I could describe the symptoms better but it's like subtle static interference but only when running certain apps as I stated earlier.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    140 times
    It absolutely can be an app
    Not all apps are ICS compatible

Firefox is still in beta, try Dolphin Hd, or Opera
    Before anyone takes my advice, please read the disclaimer below
    He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence,
    and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
    Douglas Adams

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    17 times
    I started seeing this same problem yesterday. The thing is I have really bad short term memory and unless I write it down quick and then remember where I wrote it down, I won't remember all the details. What I do remember about this is that I was using Repligo, an app that I have owned for a long time but just recently started to make full use of on this tablet. It came and went and I dont remember if I saw it on any other apps. I did a cold boot today and so far everything is fine, but I haven't used the app yet. I am on the lookout to see if it happens in other apps, but so far today, no. I will report back after using Repligo again.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the input. I just switched to different apps; switched from firefox (I heard that didn`t run well on ICS) to dolphin browser; switched from gameboid to VGBA; switched from fpse to psx4droid. All seems fine and dandy. I have vast technical expertise when it comes to computers, however, I don`t have very much experience with tablets but I can somewhat tell the difference between a software issue and a hardware issue and this definitely seems like a software issue. And like all technology, they`re related in more ways than one. If it keeps giving you problems try uninstalling and reinstalling or just try finding a program that`s more compatible with ICS (I`ve read that many programs aren`t fully compatible yet). I would be more worried if it happens outside an app like on the main screen but if it just happens while running an app I wouldn`t be too worried.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links