Thread: Easy Answer Needed - How to transfer Pictures and video PC to Tablet

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    0 times

Easy Answer Needed - How to transfer Pictures and video PC to Tablet

Hi, this should be a no-brainer, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to transfer pictures and videos from my PC to the tablet.

I tried treating it as my Android phone, by just opening up the pictures file on my tablet in "My Computer" and transferring the files, but that's a no go, despite the MTP and PTP USB options the tablet lets me choose.

I also installed ASUS Sync and all that annoying stuff from the ASUS support page, but it looks like that only applies for contacts and calendar.

This is my work computer, so there's a good chance it just won't let me transfer off. But I was able to transfer my Phone's Droid images and videos to the computer, which is why I'm in doubt of that.

Thanks.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    0 times
    It's a Transformer Prime.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    149 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamato42 View Post
    Hi, this should be a no-brainer, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to transfer pictures and videos from my PC to the tablet.

I tried treating it as my Android phone, by just opening up the pictures file on my tablet in "My Computer" and transferring the files, but that's a no go, despite the MTP and PTP USB options the tablet lets me choose.

I also installed ASUS Sync and all that annoying stuff from the ASUS support page, but it looks like that only applies for contacts and calendar.

This is my work computer, so there's a good chance it just won't let me transfer off. But I was able to transfer my Phone's Droid images and videos to the computer, which is why I'm in doubt of that.

Thanks.
    An inexpensive Micro SD card is the quickest way
    I have transferred via the usb cable but in the end it was easier to use the card
    Especially since I store all Photos, Video, Music, on the Micro SD card anyway.

With the phone the PC sees it as another usb storage device and the transfer is easy

The Prime is seen as a Media Device in My Computer
    You can click on the prime and your folder structure should be visible
    Go to the Win file explorer and select the files, select copy, then back to the Prime folder and Paste

You will get an error message that the files are not compatible with the Prime, chose the button to continue and they will copy

There are sometimes issues with transferring files to the default Prime folders, it that's the case just create new folders
    Last edited by kgragert; 04-20-2012 at 08:34 AM.
    Before anyone takes my advice, please read the disclaimer below
    He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence,
    and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
    Douglas Adams

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    2274 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamato42 View Post
    It's a Transformer Prime.
    Please identify it as such in your profile (tf201). You currently list your tablet as " Other - Android 4.x "
    Please post in the correct section.

+1 for microSD, or try Dropbox or wifi shares.

Thank you.

Moved from tf101 help to tf201 help.
    Last edited by janner43; 04-20-2012 at 08:49 AM.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Android device personal pantheon...
    SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Razr; CnM Touchpad II; Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Motorola Xoom 2 ME; Samsung Tab 2 7.0

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1622 times
    Honestly I have a microSD card but almost never bother to take it out of the slot. I also rarely connect via the charging cable. There are more ways to transfer files than I can count. WiFi File Explorer is a good option, using ES File Explorer is easy for small quantities of files for cut/copy/paste, Dropbox or Box are options as is SugarSync.

However, when I upgraded from the 101 to the 201 I had both connected at the same dime and managed to do a direct copy from the old to the new with no stops in between.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    831 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    Honestly I have a microSD card but almost never bother to take it out of the slot. I also rarely connect via the charging cable. There are more ways to transfer files than I can count. WiFi File Explorer is a good option, using ES File Explorer is easy for small quantities of files for cut/copy/paste, Dropbox or Box are options as is SugarSync.

However, when I upgraded from the 101 to the 201 I had both connected at the same dime and managed to do a direct copy from the old to the new with no stops in between.
    Lee, how do you use ES File Manager to transfer files? I usually use Dropbox.
    Asus Eee Pad TF101; Samsung Galaxy S4; Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition; Galaxy Note 8

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    0 times
    It's weird, I seem to be running into issues that should be easy solutions. For example, connected my Droid to the tablet's dock, but my Prime doesn't recognize my phone's SD Card, which is where everything is stored, so I can't transfer by connecting my phone directly. Tried transferring pictures on my computer to a USB, but the tablet wouldn't let me drag and drop copied or moved files from the USB to the tablet (Said pasting failed). And again, tried connecting tablet to computer to transfer, in both settings, PTP and MTP, didn't work. I will give the creating a new folder a shot, but it didn't give me an option to "continue" before. Lastly I tried connecting both my tablet and my phone to the PC, and transfer between those two folders, but that still didn't work, tablet treated the Droid as it did the PC transfer.

So yeah, I consider transferring files like this as super simple with a ton of options, but really I shouldn't have run into this many problems already, should I have? And my trial run of all this is 2 GB's of JPEG pictures, all taken on my Droidx2.

I'll give Google Drive a shot.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    423 times
    I would take the SD card out of the droid and put it into the Prime. That would be the easiest and fastest way to do it.
    kgragert likes this.
    TF101! - Running Domination built on my beautiful ArchLinux box!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Stock Sadly...
    Custom Built Desktop - Intel I7 w/ Windows7 & ArchLinux Dual boot - Go LINUX!
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

Great Help Guide Here -> Frederucos Fantastical Forum Favorites
    And Here -> Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    0 times
    Good idea, especially because apparently my work computer blocks sites like Dropbox.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    423 times
    I have found the easiest way to move files is using the microSD. Especially since I use Linux and it doesn't play to well with Android for some reason (even though Android uses a Linux kernel!) I have Windows on my new computer but my wife is the only one that boots into it. Isn't worth while for me ha.
    TF101! - Running Domination built on my beautiful ArchLinux box!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Stock Sadly...
    Custom Built Desktop - Intel I7 w/ Windows7 & ArchLinux Dual boot - Go LINUX!
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

Great Help Guide Here -> Frederucos Fantastical Forum Favorites
    And Here -> Master Help Guide

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads