Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times

Flash support - Live streaming is rubbish

Hi all,

My patience has just about ran out with this issue now. Basically, I watch a lot of live football online from the likes of sportlemon.tv. In fact this was one of the main reasons I bought a tablet, so that I could watch live football anywhere about the house.

This all works fine on my bro's TF but not so on my Prime. I've had ICS since launch so not sure if this problem occurs on Honeycomb on the Prime.

The issue is that live flash streaming videos are completely unpredictable. In some cases they work perfectly but the vast majority of times the videos stutter like crazy making it impossible to watch.

This is the same on Flash 11 and 11.1. I have tried all the browsers you can think of but this is a real pain. Why doesn't it work like it should? All is fine on my PC but using the Prime for flash streaming is a pain. I just want it to work!!

Please help.

Thanks

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    140 times
    Welcome to the Transformer Forums

Have you compared your Prime and your brothers 101 on the same router?

Also have you tried a cold reboot to see if that helps?
    Is it possible you have more apps running in the background than your brother? Things that also use the wifi?

The Prime seems to also not have as strong a wifi as the 101, because of the aluminum back
    Before anyone takes my advice, please read the disclaimer below
    He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence,
    and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
    Douglas Adams

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Hi and welcome

Have you tried a hard reset. (instructions are below in a link). The hard reset flushes out much of he cache in the system and some have felt it made all the difference when trying to solve stuttering issues when they tried nearly everything else. That would be the very first thing bnut there may be others. Try that first.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    13 times
    I don't know if it is related but I face the same issue . On my TPF I can see any channel through Sopcast but on my HC Android razr I am able to see all of them .

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for the replies so far guys. Regarding some of your suggestions:

I have hard reset this tablet about 6 times so far and will be physically sick if I have to do it again tbh. I have intermittent browser crash issues no matter which browser I use. When I hard reset it the problem 'seems' to go away (I think) but it's back again in no time. It doesn't happen with all streams so its kind of hard to tell. It happens with vast majority of them though.

I just hate having to re-install everything and set my custom layout again etc. I shouldn't have to be doing this every time there is a problem as this onlt temporarily fixes the problem.
    I have tested the streaming at different WiFi locations. The WiFi signal is absolutely fine. When I say the video stutters, I mean just the actual video but the sound streams perfectly without interruption. This indicates a problem with flash rather than bandwidth issues. I'm on 35 MB Fibre and have no problem streaming to PC and the wife's netbook.

If it wasn't for the warranty issue I would be rooting it and trying different ROMs.

It can be REALLLLLYYYYYY frustrating as you can imagine. While watching a football match for example. it will play OK for a few seconds, then freeze for about a half second (video only) adn then OK for a few seconds and so on. Impossible to watch almost anything properly.

Am I the only one having these problems? I use Sport Lemon - From Sport - Watch Live Sports Online - FromSport for streaming flash streams mostly.

Thanks!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    My C2 Prime does the same thing with most any video, including Youtube. I will be returning mine. Love the tab, but aggravated by the quirkiness.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    @Spawnsworth

News flash, it sounds as if you are doing a factory reset, not a hard reset. A hard reset does not interfere with your app installs. So I can understand your frustration, though even a factory reset need not be as painful as you have explained if planed for properly.

Since the factory reset only helped for a little while I would look at an app or widget as possibly being the problem. What active apps like widgets and wall paper do you have that the other one doesn't?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    I wouldn't expect a site like this, which is really sketchy, to work well on any device. I'm not morally opposed to pirating sporting events as I couldn't care less about what you do, but this site is clearly not "professional" and is loaded with ads and I wouldn't expect Flash to work well on it. I loaded it up on my Prime and I experienced the same you do, but I wouldn't load it up on my desktop as I don't trust the site.

Most streaming video that uses Flash works well in the stock browser in my experience, nonetheless. Another user mentioned YouTube. While I use the YouTube app to stream video from that site, it works well in the stock browser at 720p and even plays YouTube videos at 1080p without a hitch.
    Last edited by Spokker; 04-15-2012 at 09:12 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for the replies guys sorry for my lack of replies as have been busy (aren't we all?).

OK so by a Hard reset, do you meant just shutting the TFP down and starting it back up again? Or is there another way this can be achieved? I take your point about the background apps/widgets actualy. My widgets are Gmail, Tweetcaster & Calendar. I have the ICS Phaser live wallpaper which I am now a bit suspicious of now that you mention it! Will give this a try and let you know how I get on. This is properly starting to piss me off.

These streams work perfectly on my Windows PC so it is definitely an issue on the TFP.

Btw the sportlemon.tv site is fine. I have been using it for a while and never had a problem so don't worry about it. I watch a lot of South American games which are also shown on Bet 365 but I can't get fullscreen mode on Bet 365 so that's why I use Sportlemon. Nothing piratey or illegal about that (I think).

Thanks!

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Lee has the link for a hard reset in his signature.

It is different than a reboot as it clears out the caches of the OS.

I think you can just use a paper clip in the reset hole on the left side for 3 seconds to execute one on the Prime.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links