Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation 4 Parts Being Replaced For WiFi/BT On TF201-ANYONE Get Theirs Back After This Repair?

***Please post back if you have had your TF201 sent in for the WiFi/BT repairs, and what they did and if you are now satisfied, as mine is being repaired with 4 new parts - Please read below***

Hi Gang,

It's me, the one that had the lispy slurry recorded audio playback on the TF101 since I bought the tablet in November, 2011
    (3 RMA's on that issue). To make a long story/battle short, ASUS did find there was this recorded audio playback issue with every TF101
    they tested out and offered for me to upgrade to the TF201 back in Feb. 2012 since it did not have the audio issues.

So, I paid the extra money to upgrade to the TF201 - the C1 series. Knowing already about the Wifi/BT/GPS issues, I asked them to test it
    for these issues before sending it to me and fix it if it has these issues or make sure I do not get one with these issues..

Well, guess what.. I got one with the Wifi/BT/GPS issues anyway!

So, Now, it is back in for my 4th RMA.. Can you believe it - 4 RMA's since November!

Anyway, they said they will be replacing 4 parts to address the issues for the WiFi/BT (not sure about GPS and not sure what 4 parts
    they are replacing).. They have had my tablet for 1 week now and JUST updated the RMA system that they received it yesterday and
    it is in repairing status... I would imagine that they have THOUSANDS of TF201's that they are working on now.

They offered that if these 4 parts DO NOT fix the issue, I can have a full refund.

Please post back if you have had your TF201 sent in for the WiFi/BT repairs, and what they did and if you are now satisfied..

I will post back with my results too when I get my tablet back... Thanks, Cindy

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    Please do post back. Hope they physically fix those issues. It seems OTA firmware updates may help improve wifi etc. but doesn't seem to be a complete fix. The Primes have needed a hardware fix all along, just like the TF101's Docking Station last year. Asus finally came through and repaired the Battery drain issue with the TF101's Docks. They need to do the same with all the affected Primes with their known issues. Let us know how it all works out, Cindy.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I will post back.. I was hoping to hear from others that got parts replaced for wifi/bt/gps issues. I searched the forums and cannot find any..
    Certainly someone on this forum must have sent theirs in for replacement parts and got it back by now?? Am I the only one??

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    5 times
    Who is offering a fix or refund? Asus directly? I bought mine on Amazon and can't go 2 minutes without browser force closing and other problems. I would love to get my money back and find a simpler tablet. Who do you contact about these issues you and most others are having including myself.
    Thanks

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by spnnr26 View Post
    Who is offering a fix or refund? Asus directly? I bought mine on Amazon and can't go 2 minutes without browser force closing and other problems. I would love to get my money back and find a simpler tablet. Who do you contact about these issues you and most others are having including myself.
    Thanks
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You must first get an RMA from ASUS and send it back so they can try to repair it. If it is the Wifi\BT\GPS issue, you can demand a refund and most likely get it. But they need to look at it and determine the problem.

Have you tried what others have said to do? Wipe it clean to factory settings and reinstall?

Cindy

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    5 times
    Yep did factory reset and tried a few other things like not loading most of my apps. The device was still not responding, the browser crashes on every click, the internet/wifi goes in and out so I don't maintain a signal for long.

I don't have a laptop to load any types of fixes asus posts on their website and am tired of wasting hours on end messing with the thing. Paid too much for the hassle.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by mrumm49 View Post
    Please do post back. Hope they physically fix those issues. It seems OTA firmware updates may help improve wifi etc. but doesn't seem to be a complete fix. The Primes have needed a hardware fix all along, just like the TF101's Docking Station last year. Asus finally came through and repaired the Battery drain issue with the TF101's Docks. They need to do the same with all the affected Primes with their known issues. Let us know how it all works out, Cindy.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I called ASUS and was told they are trying to locate a 'newer' TF201 to send me. I asked if they tried the 4 parts and if it was unsuccessful and are they sending me the C3 series now? (Mine is the C1 serial number) as I have read on the XDA forum that the newer C3 series is being sold in stores now and it is supposed to NOT have these BT/WiFi issues.

They could not answer me if the 4 parts were tried and what series they were sending me.. ugggg, so we will wait and see.

Does ANYONE have the C3 series on this forum that is NOT having the known issues???

Thanks, Cindy

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindee75 View Post
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I called ASUS and was told they are trying to locate a 'newer' TF201 to send me. I asked if they tried the 4 parts and if it was unsuccessful and are they sending me the C3 series now? (Mine is the C1 serial number) as I have read on the XDA forum that the newer C3 series is being sold in stores now and it is supposed to NOT have these BT/WiFi issues.

They could not answer me if the 4 parts were tried and what series they were sending me.. ugggg, so we will wait and see.

Does ANYONE have the C3 series on this forum that is NOT having the known issues???

Thanks, Cindy
    I have a C2 and it seems to be doing OK.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    4 times

c3

Quote Originally Posted by Sindee75 View Post

Thanks, Cindy
    I`ve had my tf201 c3 for 4 days now with no problems other than 1 browser crash using extensive browser use.

Mark

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    5 times
    I agree about the design change. I've read the metal back plate is at the heart of part of the WiFi issue.

What if you bought the tablet at Fry`s and dock from Amazon? Do you still contact Asus for help with this?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links