Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times
    Why can't they just replace the back-plate with a newer one built like the T700?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by spnnr26 View Post
    I agree about the design change. I've read the metal back plate is at the heart of part of the WiFi issue.

What if you bought the tablet at Fry`s and dock from Amazon? Do you still contact Asus for help with this?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have a 30 day warranty (or more) from where you bought it, use them for refund or repair policy. I bought mine from Amazon and
    only had a 30 day warranty, but since the tablets have a manufacturers warranty for 1 year for defects, I sent it directly to ASUS for
    repair.

ASUS is sending me a replacement TF201 with C3 Serial number. Fed-Ex has it and I wont get it until Monday. Cant wait!

I have been reading the C3 series is supposed to resolve the wifi/bt/gps issues. I will let everyone know....

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    5 times
    I did not GOOGLE it, I don't know if I'll ever be a claimant in a CA again. The attorneys take so much, I got 10% of what I actually lost and they won the suit.

I could just file against them myself if I don't have to license in another state to do it. Thanks, I'm gonna look into that.
    Last edited by spnnr26; 04-07-2012 at 08:13 AM. Reason: wasnt meant to post,was pm

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by spnnr26 View Post
    You just reminded me of something, I got the keyboard dock brand new factory sealed from an Amazon seller but not one with a huge store. The tablet came from Fry's both more than 30 days ago.

However, I made sure to use American Express to buy both since my card extends any factory warranty for another year after the original warranty from Asus ends.
    Also, if I call Asus and ask to send the tablet in for repair and they say no, American Express will 'mediate' or act as an advocate on my behalf since I signed up for that and other free extra programs that are offered with my card.

One other thing dawned on me, when I had problems with my Verizon Android phone using the internet and dropping calls, I was sent to the FCC to file a complaint about a product or service. In that case I disputed they weren't holding up their end of the mutual contract I was paying for.

After filing, Verizon Corporate support called me and I had a new phone in 2 weeks vs the 6 months I spent going into their stores and calling customer support.
    Since the Prime is an electronic device that accesses the internet via wifi, I believe they fall under the watch of the FCC as well. Its a commication device.

One thing I learned, no company wants to be forced to answer a compliant from the US agency that monitors them. They can't blow it off, they must respond to remove it from their record.

Only reason I know for sure is ive seen it work with the Department of Transportation when an airline refused to settle a problem I had which was their fault and even state medical boards must investigate and make public every complaint against a doctor even if the doctor is found not to be at fault. It stays a matter of public record and companies, doctors,etc, do NOT want negative things part of public record.

If Asus got a lot of formal consumer complaints, we would be reading it in every review article because they research that stuff when gathering facts.

Maybe the way to get Asus to admit the GPS and Wi-fi is more than an isolated issue with a few people who have bad routers or something stupid like that, we go to FCC.gov and let them sort this issue out.

Asus will never take our petitions to heart and publically admit an issue, if they have to groove its not an issue to the agency who let's them sell the device in the US, the agency can decide if they need to recall or fix the issue for every customer who bought one, not just the few who had patience and money to ship it back for 'repair', if they even do any repair.

Maybe instead of the post asking us to sign the petition for wifi issues, we should all be taking 5 minutes to complain online? The trend will be picked up very fast and then Asus can prove there ISN'T a problem vs us proving there is a problem??

Does that make sense?

I will go to the site now and see which category the device fits under. If not the FCC, there is another agency who governs this stuff. There's always an agency that has their nose in something. I suggest our friends in other countries look into a similar solution.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ASUS is responding to complaints as they have a Class Action Lawsuit against them for the GPS/Wifi/BT issues.
    Google ASUS TF201 Class Action Lawsuit and you will certainly find it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links