Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times

Changing wi-fi channels.

Hi, simple issue, but for the life of me I can't figure it out. My wi-fi connection auto selects a sub-par channel and i'd like to change to a different channel and if possible make the new channel the default one. I think my poor wi-fi is a result of too many others using the same freq my current channel is set to (according to wi-fi analyzer that is).

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    You have to access your router's config to do that. Check your router manual or online. Different routers use different addresses, ids, password setups. It's usually a matter of entering your router's URL address (192.168.0.1 with variants in the 0 and 1 portions - could be 0, 1, 2, etc). That will get you to your router where you will likely have to enter UN and PW. Somewhere in the menus you'll find the channel setting.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes... see I knew it was something simple like that. Right after I posted the question, my dunce cap fell off, thanks. :-)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    I also had the same problem, and I identified that my routers were all on channel 6, which is the most common. I changed it to channel 10, and now my prime is working great.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah, once I figured out it wasn't the prime giving me grief (this time, ha) and took off my blinders I now have great wi-fi throughout my entire house. Now the next question..... I remember seeing someplace on the forum where the TFs don't like channels 12 and over. Is that still the case? If I can set this to channel 12, I'll really be cooking!

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    If channel 12 is working well for you then leave it there.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    27 times
    Quote Originally Posted by golferdude1971 View Post
    I also had the same problem, and I identified that my routers were all on channel 6, which is the most common. I changed it to channel 10, and now my prime is working great.
    really good to see that i wasn't the only one who has benefited by changing channels. i used a couple apps to help me figure out which worked best, used both network signal and wifi analyzer. i tried each of the channels then checked signal strength finally ending up at 9, 10 was a very close second. for something so simple to make such a diff., nice for a change. if anyone else is curious because i cannot say if the freq. for routers/modems is universal, but in one of my posts from last week i mentioned that the freq. that worked best for me was 2452mhz(my channel 9).
    Funny, how just when you think life can't possibly get any worse it suddenly does. -Douglas Adams-

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    27 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Yeah, once I figured out it wasn't the prime giving me grief (this time, ha) and took off my blinders I now have great wi-fi throughout my entire house. Now the next question..... I remember seeing someplace on the forum where the TFs don't like channels 12 and over. Is that still the case? If I can set this to channel 12, I'll really be cooking!
    mine didn't do well on 12 at all which wasn't what i had expected. even in the same room on 12 i couldn't do better than 65% but using 9 added 30pts getting -35dbm on avg. 10 gave me basically 80-85% and in the low to mid -40dbm readings.
    Funny, how just when you think life can't possibly get any worse it suddenly does. -Douglas Adams-

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links