• 1 Post By bogolisk
  • 1 Post By Ubelsteiner

Thread: Best Video Player?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Best Video Player?

Hey all, what video player do you think is the all-around best one for the Transformer/Transformer Prime? I've been using MX Player, but when I play videos, it has a tendency of stopping playback like half way through the movie for no apparent reason. To make things even more annoying, it doesn't make note of where the video stopped, so I have to manually seek through the video to try to find where I left off. Any ideas of how to fix this problem? I'm pretty content with MX Player otherwise.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I read through some of the reviews on the Android Market (Google Play now), and there are some reports of the same things happening to other users: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...GF5ZXIucHJvIl0.

In general, I have not been pleased with video playback on the Asus Prime. There are about 10+ video players available, and none of them seem to work all that great on the Prime (I've tried about 5). MX is the only one I've had that does pretty smooth playback, but it stops once or twice throughout a video (as I said above). None of the players seem to utilize the Prime's full hardware potential. Very frustrating. I'm still interested to hear what you guys think the best video player is though.
    Last edited by kjtenorman; 03-29-2012 at 04:06 AM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    7 times
    I have been using BS Player for a while, and it's perfect for me.
    It plays all the formats I need (mp4, MKV, avi) without any problems. Even steaming via LAN without the need for a complete download/transfer first.
    When you close a video, it remembers where you were and automatically jumps to that spot when the video is opened again. (not sure it it also does this for LAN after disconnecting/reconnecting)
    It also fully supports hardware rendering on the Prime.

The current version is Free only, so there are some ads, but they are not too annoying.
    kjtenorman likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks, I'll give BS Player a try! DicePlayer was also recommended by a few people. Would be great if everyone could agree on the best option, but I guess it is nice to have options

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    7 times
    Well, DICE was my second choice. I just had some issues with the network steaming before I switched to BS Player. But I just read that they updated this and all issues should be dealt with.
    I think I'll give it another shot as the interface seems a lot nicer than that of BS Player.
    kjtenorman and fingertrouble like this.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    51 times
    +1 for bsplayer
    kjtenorman likes this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    2 times
    DICE is the only one that streams from my network shares perfectly
    kjtenorman likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Wow, I should have checked this forum b4 posting in FAQ section (woops!) I will give BS player a try, as my issue is that some .avi files are playing successfully while others bring up an error message (cannot play the file), all using the default / installed player that came on my TF Prime.

I will get BS and report back! GREAT info, I hope this fixes things!

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    BS is awesome. It can even play mkv 1080p files with sound, while the stock video player and a few others I tried failed. My only irritation is the fact that whenever I just a video with BS it automatically adjusted to a certain level of brightness the video player has and not the default tablet brightness. But its just a small thing since you can just tap the brightness on the low bar and everything is back to your chosen brightness. Small price to pay for such a wonderful and free player.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailen View Post
    BS is awesome. It can even play mkv 1080p files with sound, while the stock video player and a few others I tried failed. My only irritation is the fact that whenever I just a video with BS it automatically adjusted to a certain level of brightness the video player has and not the default tablet brightness. But its just a small thing since you can just tap the brightness on the low bar and everything is back to your chosen brightness. Small price to pay for such a wonderful and free player.
    You can actually change the brightness and volume while full screen in BS by swiping up/down on the right or left side of the screen. (about 2cm away from edge works best)

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links