Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Rogue App????

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    3 times
    Things are getting weirder some of my app icons that have been on my prime have disappeared they are the ones that come pre installed when you're prime is new trouble is i cant remember what they are i just know there are spaces were they used to be???
    I hope the link works, I'm starting to think would i be better wiping my prime back to factory settings and starting again my music and movies are on an sd card so its just apps but i don't really want to do that if i can work through this,the missing ones are on the bottom row any ideas what they are and were they are gone ???

Screenshot_2012-03-27-18-58-53.jpg

Paul

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    52 times
    Looks like we are not alone on this one

Strange Korean App: Malware or GPlay Bug? - xda-developers

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    3 times
    It doesn't make me feel any better that other folks have got the problem as well just hope some one finds a way out soon because my twostars has come back all on its own to haunt me and i feel my prime is running like a dog at the minute but that could just me going insane......

just tried uninstalling updates on Google Play and when it reverts back to market place the twostars app goes away and when you update to Google Play it returns ?? over to you techies i think..
    Last edited by megandlol; 03-27-2012 at 02:02 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I had a rogue app to install on my tf after I downloaded a free game. The way I deleted was simply to hold my finger on the icon until the "Remove X" appeared on the top-center of my display. If I remember correctly, I dragged the icon to that spot, and the app was deleted. Give that a shot.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    52 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenrod_3_6_90 View Post
    I had a rogue app to install on my tf after I downloaded a free game. The way I deleted was simply to hold my finger on the icon until the "Remove X" appeared on the top-center of my display. If I remember correctly, I dragged the icon to that spot, and the app was deleted. Give that a shot.
    Not sure about the OP but I certainly had no icon. This is/was something that was running in the background in "running apps", but thanks for trying to help

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    3 times
    I have the same strange App from Twostars show up. I know a similar problem has shown up on some Samsung Android devices. It seems, in that Google Play had an bug issuing duplicate ID. I wonder if the same thing has happened between Polaris Office and Twostars? Anybody know how to get in touch with Google?
    Jim

Asus TF101 32Gb (B06) with Dock running Team EOS 4 JB 4.2
    Motorola RAZR MAXX

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    I've gotten the same TwoStarts app now.
    I tried to remove the update from Market to Google Play and the app disappered, but after Market updated to Google Play again, the TwoStars app came back.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I also have this app from "twostars" that I never downloaded or installed. All my apps have come from the market/play store and from amazon. This app does not have the option to uninstall from the "my apps"
    section of the play store. It does not show up in the "apps" section in settings. I'm concerned that this might be some sort of malware or trojan. Short of doing a factory reset how can you uninstall this app? Tried a 3rd party uninstall app but the app doesn't show up there either. Still haven't tried lookout or some other security app.

My tablet is the TF101 and its up to date with the latest version of ICS.

Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    903 times
    I've got the same app in my downloaded apps in GooglePlay! I've contacted one of our Rescue Squad to see if he can figure it out!
    caribsue likes this.
    Asus Eee Pad TF101 (gave to wife); Samsung Galaxy Note 8 phone and tablet

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html
    Asus T100 Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    i too have this "two star" app it is shown as installed on google play apps only. tried multiple cold boots but to no avail! looks like i
    will have to do factory restore at weekend! i only noticed it because of OP bringing it to my attention and i too have only installed apps
    fronm google play. since the upgrade to ICS have had problem with occasional "launcher has stopped" and have only cleared and
    rebooted. since ICS, apart from app updates from google i have installed 3 apps Angry bird space - Pulse news - BBB sports - hope this info can help all who are affected . many thanks brian

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links