Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times

Will not turn on / Blinking Orange Light

Hey guys, new to the forums. And just recently bought a transformer prime. I've been loving it so far, but about an hour ago it just stopped working. it had 67% battery life left, and was working fine before hand. Now the device is completely unresponsive. I searched around on the internet but could not find a definitive answer anywhere.

Currently my Transformer Prime is completely un responsive, the keyboard has an orange blinking light, and the lock/unlock button has an orange light. Anybody know what the blinking light means?

Quick responses would be much welcomed. Hopefully I don't have to take the device back. i live in Tokyo and do not speak enough Japanese yet to explain what has happened to my table

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, I'm new to the tablet but the same thing happened to me while I was docked to the keyboard and using polaris doc. The keyboard manual says the blinking orange light indicates less than 10% battery power. I simply plugged everything in and recharged. It then turned on with no problems. I now recharge frequently.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times

TF201 dock blinking charger light

I too have a similar experience. The tablet is fine but the dock refuses to charge.
    Asus have replaced both the USB charger and lead but the blimking orange light persists and no charge is taking place.
    Have also followed the suggetions posted elsewhere in this forum which related the adjusting contacts etc on the charger without any success.
    Will attempt to follow the adjustment procedure on the second set of USB charger and see what happens.
    One local retailer told the story that he was returning his shipment of Transformers since all chargers had the same problem.
    One can only conclude that this is a manufacturing/quality control issue.
    I would love to know the real solution. eg is ther an acceptable alternate charger?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Try just touching the Power Button, for half a second, not holding it down, mine had same thing and that worked.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks but that did not work.
    Actually the reason for my problem has become obvious.
    The USB plug has been inserted upside down and hence wiring has been "crossed" during assembly.
    That became obvious when I had two power supplies plugged into a power board at the same time but had to rotate the USB plug leading to the TF by 180m degrees to allow it to fit into the non-functional one.
    So it is a manufacturing fault.

All that aside the TF and dock work very well indeed and I am very impressed with it.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, I've been messing around with my tf-201, giving it some severe punishement trying to replace a broken digitizer and lcd. I'm coming to the conclusion that I'll never get the distorted cheap bit of plastic to fit properly anymore so am going to dispense with it and mod it so I can refit the wifi & gps modules.

Anyway, I started having the same problem with the prime being dead and orange light flashing twice and then not charging, I notice on the board above the earphone socket, theres a micro switch in the up position. I flipped this to down and now have a constant amber light and it's vibrating when you power on. Have reconnected the lcd and it's fine. This doesn't explain why this would be affecting people how haven't opened up their primes, but something to consider. I've taken some pics of the location if thats any help to people.

Needless to say if you are intending to open up your tf-201 be every careful.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links