Thread: "Google Account" Problems

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times

"Google Account" Problems

I'm totally new to tablets so bear with me if I sound like an idiot - I'm actually pretty computer savy but this has me stumped. Something went sideways in the middle of setting up my google account and I never did get a credit card number entered. Now I don't know where to find the google account to update it or add information. One problem - went to the apps area and touched "Calendar". It opens but a warning/error screen opens "before you can add an event you must add at least one Calendar account to your device and make a calendar visible. Touch Add Account..." The next screen asks if it is Corporate or google. I touch google - existing or new? I choose existing - wants email address and password - "Account already exists" "There is already a <account name> account on this Android device.

So when I want to activate each app, do I need to create a new account? I don't understand and getting frustrated.

Thanks for reading and hope someone can sort out the newbie!

Sine

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    392 times
    First part about the credit card. You don't need to enter one unless you decide to buy a paid app. If you do decide to buy an app, it will prompt you for your credit card info at that time.

Second part about the calendar. Under settings>accounts & sync, touch on your Google account and make sure sync calendar is checked. If it is then go into the settings on the calendar and choose your Google account to select it.

Hope that helped. Post more if you have more questions. Welcome to the forums!
    TF101! - Running Domination built on my beautiful ArchLinux box!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Stock Sadly...
    Custom Built Desktop - Intel I7 w/ Windows7 & ArchLinux Dual boot - Go LINUX!
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

Great Help Guide Here -> Frederucos Fantastical Forum Favorites
    And Here -> Master Help Guide

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Welcome to the forum. You should have One Google account for all your apps. Not sure about credit card info, I use a pre-paid Visa.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for the quick reply and the welcome.

Okay, now I'm going to sound really stupid - in accounts, my google account is the one with the white "g" in a blue square, right? So I'm in there ans there isn't an option to sync the calendar only browser, contacts, gmail, photos and google+ (which I don't think I want but don't know how to remove - but that's another subject).

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    392 times
    Hmmm, Mine always has Sync Calendar when I look at it I believe. Have you tried getting to the settings menu in the calendar you are trying to use. There may be something in there.

As for google+, in the settings menu I sent you to, there should be a check box on the right side. You just uncheck it to disable the sync.
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    When it prints you to add an account, is your email account written on the screen above the Add account or Next button? If so, just tap your email address.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times
    Gosh - it's been awhile since I've felt this dumb! The calendar is the one in the apps section. I tapped the six squares in the top right corner and calendar was second from the right on the top row. Sorry I can't be more help. Do I need to do something in google on my PC?

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    392 times
    You shouldn't need to do anything from your PC. Did you try what Frederuco suggested above?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times
    It asks if I want to add a new or existing account. I tap existing and it prompts me to enter my email address and password. The email address does not appear. It did when I went to google+ but not here.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for everyone's help. Got on Skype with son long distance and we deleted my google account and added it back in . Now all is well. Your patience is appreciated! :-)
    Swipe likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links