Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Wifi Connection stuck at saved

I have a pretty big problem right now
    I recently got a transformer prime but it won't connect to the wifi in my house.
    The wifi on the tablet works great at other locations (every other location i've tried to be exact) but not at my house.

Whenever I try to connect to our network the tablet quickly displays that the network is saved. It does not attempt to connect or anything else, just that it is saved.
    I have tried to change all possible LAN settings. I have tried every channel.
    I have tried with both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands. I have tried no encryption, WEP, WPA, WPA2, WPA/WPA2, all with both TKIP and AES encryption. I have made it an open network and still no luck.
    It is a Watchguard router with everything else working and connecting perfectly, including (much to my dismay) my dad's iPad.
    Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2827 times
    Well you have certainly done lots to help yourself - frustrating must be too mild a word!

Only other things I can suggest are...
    1. "Forget" the entry for your router on your tf (ie delete it)
    2. Hard reset your tf (process linked from FAQ & tips) this will not wipe any data.
    3. Reboot your router & then try again.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchman1515 View Post
    I have a pretty big problem right now
    I recently got a transformer prime but it won't connect to the wifi in my house.
    The wifi on the tablet works great at other locations (every other location i've tried to be exact) but not at my house.

Whenever I try to connect to our network the tablet quickly displays that the network is saved. It does not attempt to connect or anything else, just that it is saved.
    I've got the same problem at work, but no problem at my house (where I have greater control on the router setup). I have peviously connected at work without a problem. I'll let you know if figure anything out, or if the problem spreads. I can, however, confirm that a cold boot doesn't help.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    29 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchman1515 View Post
    It is a Watchguard router with everything else working and connecting perfectly, including (much to my dismay) my dad's iPad.
    Only thing I can think of that you didn't mention was reloading or upgrading the router's firmware. (which should be the first step before reloading anything else)

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    I have seen this several times at customer's businesses and it usually happens when the signal is so weak that it can barely communicate. I have usually been at the perimeter of where the WiFi would normally operate and even my phone had problems with the WiFi. Janner's suggestion about forgetting the connection was good but I found that simply taping the connection and taping connect is all that is needed assuming you entered the correct credentials in the first place.

Ultimately the problem is likely the router. I have suggestions in a link below.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I turn off then on for the WiFi. That seems to get to reconnect when it is stuck. I still have to reboot my home router each day. PITA

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm having the same problem. Suddenly my TF101 wifi stopped working. It just says "saved", and won't connect. Tried restarts, tried changing router channel. Nothing works. Is this related to the ICS update?

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SMS121 View Post
    I'm having the same problem. Suddenly my TF101 wifi stopped working. It just says "saved", and won't connect. Tried restarts, tried changing router channel. Nothing works. Is this related to the ICS update?
    Welcome to the forum

It is not likely to be related to the operating system. Did you try the previous suggestions, including the ones from Janner? If you did there is always the possibility your router is getting long in the tooth. The best way to test for certain is find another WiFi to connect too.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Upscale View Post
    Only thing I can think of that you didn't mention was reloading or upgrading the router's firmware. (which should be the first step before reloading anything else)
    With the setup that is currently running, that would take a good amount of effort. Right now our house is an offsite backup for my dad's engineering business and we have an 4 TB server sitting in our basement with the last 4 years worth of design backups on it. .
    His IT guy hooked all this up and it runs perfectly (and fast) with exception to my TF. He gave me the password to make any changes to our wireless network but politely asked me not to mess with anything else such as VPN, port forwarding, and other connections not integrated in our wireless.
    He said we could go for the firmware update, but that it would have to be done through watchguard and we would probably have to spring a $100 maintenance fee to them.
    If that is really the only thing left to do, then that's what I'll do but I want to make sure I've tried everything else before I go that route.
    Thanks for all the replies

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    How do you perform a "hard reset"? Is there a FAQ somewhere? I searched but all that comes up are ICS issues, but no instructions on how to do a hard reset.

I am having the same issue. It says "Saved" but won't connect. We took it to Best Buy, and it connected to their network fine. All the other devices on my wireless network work fine. I have reset the router.

Thanks

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links