TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aliaz View Post
    How do you perform a "hard reset"? Is there a FAQ somewhere? I searched but all that comes up are ICS issues, but no instructions on how to do a hard reset.

I am having the same issue. It says "Saved" but won't connect. We took it to Best Buy, and it connected to their network fine. All the other devices on my wireless network work fine. I have reset the router.

Thanks
    The hard reset instructions are in leeshor's signature. Here is the link: http://www.transformerforums.com/for...inks-help.html

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

fixed!

I followed Janner's advice and now it works fine. Thanks!

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Similar Issue With MyWi from my iPhone

I am having a similar difficulty trying to use my iPhone as a hotspot. The WiFi analyser will see a strong signal but it does not show up in the settings WiFi even if I scan for it.

I'm sure there is something simple I'm missing since WiFi Analyser can see it. Any suggestions ?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hard reset didn't change a thing, anything else to try?

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchman1515 View Post
    Hard reset didn't change a thing, anything else to try?
    Maybe you should buy the IT guy a cup of coffee, (or something else to drink). It sounds more and more like the problem is in the WiFi so you may be running out of options, though I have one more for you.

You might consider getting a wireless access point. You could do your own configuration and connect it to the network switch. That would eliminate you having to make modifications to the existing network.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    Maybe you should buy the IT guy a cup of coffee, (or something else to drink). It sounds more and more like the problem is in the WiFi so you may be running out of options, though I have one more for you.

You might consider getting a wireless access point. You could do your own configuration and connect it to the network switch. That would eliminate you having to make modifications to the existing network.
    If every other Wifi capable device works fine, doesn't that seem to imply it's probably the device and not the Wifi? Or is the TF201 just completely unique in how it's Wifi works?

I'm currently traveling and picked up a TF201 because my little netbook can't handle HD videos. But I seem to be having major issues with TF201's Wifi. Granted, the hotel I'm staying at doesn't have the best Wifi...but if my iPhone and really crappy netbook have no issues...What does that mean? Using a Wifi analyzer, there's an average of 20 dBm difference in signal from my netbook and my TF201. Which may not be too bad, but if the signal is somewhat weak to begin with...It's unfortunate that I seem to be forced to resort back to my Netbook just to browse the internet because it's barely functional most times on my TF201. I'm sure when I get home and I'm 10 feet from my router, it will work perfect...but isn't the primary point of the tablet that it's for mobile use? Take it with you wherever you go? I have 4 laptops and a desktop PC at home, I hardly need my tablet for use there. I need it to work in places where I don't have full control of every aspect of the network.

And to the OP. I've been having the same issue, and I really have no explanation for it. It'll take me 15+ minutes just to get it to connect to the network at times. But my phone and netbook right next to me will be connected with no issues. I return home in 2 days, if I have the same issues there then I'm going to be forced to return it, unfortunately.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chukibu View Post
    If every other Wifi capable device works fine, doesn't that seem to imply it's probably the device and not the Wifi? Or is the TF201 just completely unique in how it's Wifi works?
    Yes and no, or no and yes. Every device that communicates with WiFi has it's own set of characteristics depending on several variables not the least of which is the chip that's powering the WiFi. The same applies to the router. In the case of the OP it works everywhere else so the problem is not the Transformer per se.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well I fixed it... Sort of.

I decided to go into the shop and grabbed an old Linksys Wireless G Access Point. I hard reset it, plugged it in and set it up in my room. Works great with WPA2 security and solid internet. That is good enough for me, and I can say that it is pretty easy if anyone else has a problem with this. Thanks for all the replies guys

Cheers

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    I've been having the same issue with my Transformer Prime & HTC Desire. Both devices worked with my router at my old house (with a different ISP) but since I have moved into my new unit, set up my router with my new ISP my devices wont connect. My partners laptop and iPhone connect with no drama's. Just mine. I'e tried a cold boot on my tablet but still no luck. It just keeps saving the connection but not actually even trying to connect.
    Can anyone help? Perhaps issue with Router settings since changing ISP?

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Quote Originally Posted by brooksie89 View Post
    I've been having the same issue with my Transformer Prime & HTC Desire. Both devices worked with my router at my old house (with a different ISP) but since I have moved into my new unit, set up my router with my new ISP my devices wont connect. My partners laptop and iPhone connect with no drama's. Just mine. I'e tried a cold boot on my tablet but still no luck. It just keeps saving the connection but not actually even trying to connect.
    Can anyone help? Perhaps issue with Router settings since changing ISP?
    Welcome to the forum

Check out the WiFi tips link in my signature below.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links