Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times

sync folder Win7-Prime (with SyncToy)

Hallo,

I would like to sync folders in the micro SD Disk of my Transformer Prime automatically with folders in my Windows7 PC.
    (I do not want to do this over the internet because the folders are big (~15 GByte) and my internet connection ist slow. )
    (I do not want just to sync Mails)

My (64-bit) Win7PC recognizes Transformer Prime TF201 and I can manually create, access and manipulate folders. (But I don't want to do this manually)
    In Microsofts SyncToy Tool on my PC I see the microSD Cart too but I can not chose the card ore folder on the card as target folder.

Under SyncToy and MicroSD card in Android
    I found a solution for this problem
    OK - solved this (and it is down to me not knowing my way around Android yet) - whilst I could see the SD card in FIle Manager/ SyncToy I had not selected Settings>Wireless and Network>USB Utilities>USB mass storage "Connect storage to PC" on my phone. Having selected this, SyncToy works fine...
    But on my Transformer Prime under Settings->Wireless and Network there is NO "USB Utilities"

Where do I find the "USB Utilities" oder "USB mass storage settings" on my Transformer Prime?

Ore: "Which practicall ways of syncing big folders without internet do you sucsessfully use?"

With best regards

Robak

Edit: It seems to work by using the (free) PureSync Programm instead of SyncToy!
    http://www.jumpingbytes.com/en/puresync.html
    Edit2: Puresync crashes very often by overflow my computer with a number of error messages equal to the number of files I want to copy so that the PC is not working anymore
    I do not know the reason mybee it happens because TFP rapidly uses to go in standby if it is not in aktion.
    Last edited by Robak; 03-15-2012 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Edit Puresync does not work.

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    There is an app called Syncness that will automatically sync a folder on your computer.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    You can also try Cheetah Sync and see if that works. Not sure if you can sync to the MicroSD or not in ICS but it may be worth a shot.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Now back from Hollydays I found that puresync causes a lot of error messages if a sync does not work. It opens one folder with error message per File which it was not able to sync. So if i try to sync a folder with thousands of files It opens thousands of windows on my PC with one error message per File. This makes my PC extremly slowly so that I have to reboot the PC. Because this happends often it is not sensfull for me to use puresync.

@ warlock257
    In the Androidmarket (now renamed to Play market wayever) I does not find a app called "Syncness".
    In the internet Version I found it https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...world.syncness but i also found the information: "Diese App ist nicht mit Ihrem Asus Transformer Prime TF201-Gerät kompatibel." what means "This App is not compatible to your Asus Transformer Prime TF201-Divice".
    @ Frederuco
    I think I will try it with Cheetah Sync but I feer this will be a "Sync over Internet"-Solution. (Sync X GByte Folders in Divices with 1 meter Distance over slow Internet Connection ist not the ideal way to do this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    I could say Ccheeth Sync that it should sync microSD Folder with computer Folder but Cheetah Sync is a extremly slow solution. I have changed 7 Files (sum 30 MBytes) in a 4 GByte Folder and Cheetah Sync was not able to sync this in 30 Minutes.
    To copy the files manually over USB needs 30 Seconds.

I am still looking for an USB Sync Solution.

Any ideas?

Or am I the only owner of a tablet who wants to sync a folder with a PC without having a fast internet connection?

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Robak View Post
    I could say Ccheeth Sync that it should sync microSD Folder with computer Folder but Cheetah Sync is a extremly slow solution. I have changed 7 Files (sum 30 MBytes) in a 4 GByte Folder and Cheetah Sync was not able to sync this in 30 Minutes.
    To copy the files manually over USB needs 30 Seconds.

I am still looking for an USB Sync Solution.

Any ideas?

Or am I the only owner of a tablet who wants to sync a folder with a PC without having a fast internet connection?
    Not sure you will find what you are looking for. Many Android phone's internal memory is seen by other devices as mass storage but I have found that tablets, not just Transformers, are not seen the same way as the internal memory on a phone.

You may want to check on something like SugarSync, though the Cheetah Sync has done a decent job for me. What ever you use will more than likely need to be initiated from the tablet, not the PC.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    I have downloaded Sugar Sync and will try it when I have Laptop and Transformer together the next time. But I fear this will be a "Sync by Internet" solution.
    I think syncing 5 GByte with slow internet connection isn't a usefull solution.

When I connect my Transformer Prime with my Win7 PC by using the charging USB cable I see the Transformer Prime in Windows Explorer.
    If I open the Transformer Prime Icon with Windows7 I see the internal memory as well as the microSC Card as different folders.

I am able to copy files manually from Win7 to Transformer Prime.

There should be a solution to do the sync automatical from Win7.

I heared that there are different ways to access a Android 4 Tablet from Win7 (as music or as pictures divice) but I do not know what this means for usual data transfer.

I hope to find somebody who use a non-internet-sync-program to sync the folder on a win-pc with a folder on Transformer prime.

With best regards

Robak

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links