Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    2 times

HDMI Problems

Hi Everyone
    Newbie here this is my first problem post i'm hoping your expertise may be able to help me out i have done a bit of research on previous posts but i cant find any with the same problem as i appear to be having.
    I have purchased a micro HDMI lead from amazon its Type D to type A fits OK with my prime and TV but when i connect it i get flickering Green and Red lines across the TV screen ??during video play back apart from the flickering lines the picture appears to be perfect as is the audio i have tried the settings on my TV and nothing has really made any difference ??
    As i explained in my introduction post I'm new to Android,Tablets and a bit of a technophobe so its over to you guys you're suggestions and observations will be most welcome.

Regards
    Paul

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    744 times
    I closed this thread in error since Paul's HDMI issue is different from the issues being reported and discussed in the following thread so I am re-opening this thread and apologize to Paul for my hasty decision!

Prime HDMI Success
    Last edited by Mickeylittle; 02-24-2012 at 06:42 AM.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    2 times
    Hi All
    I haven't had much interest in my post so i thought i would update it my self !! i have just taken delivery of a replacement lead done the latest update and I'm still having exactly the same issues as i was originally this is a big let down for me as this was a big part of why i bought my asus TF201.
    I'm going to try it on my parents TV and see what happens if it doesn't perform on their set I'm thinking its faulty and obviously if it does work OK i may have a problem with my TV not sure which is worse !!

Regards
    Paul

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    744 times
    Hey Paul, I'm going to send mind in RMA probably Friday. I hate that it will be gone for 2-3 weeks but for me the HDMI is vital and I can't sell my iPad 2 until this gets fixed as I have to use it on Wednesday nights and whenever else I need to be able to show things on my flat screen. For a lot of people here it is no big deal but for some of us it is a major fail!
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    2 times
    Hi Mickey
    I think that's probably going to be the case for me as well but I'm frightened to send mine back in case they replace it with some thing else that has a lot of the problems people suffer from on this forum, i hope that's not the case for you and i will be very interested to her how you go on.

Paul

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    744 times
    I will keep you posted Paul once I send it off. I keep saying I'm sending it any day now, but I just can't seem to pull the trigger!
    Current Devices:

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    2 times
    Just a quick update about my HDMI issues as i explained in my previous posts i was going to try my prime on my parents HD TVs and the goods news is it worked flawlessly on both their sets the bad news is i need a new TV to use this feature !!! but i guess the positive is i don't have to return my prime.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    744 times
    Quote Originally Posted by megandlol View Post
    Just a quick update about my HDMI issues as i explained in my previous posts i was going to try my prime on my parents HD TVs and the goods news is it worked flawlessly on both their sets the bad news is i need a new TV to use this feature !!! but i guess the positive is i don't have to return my prime.
    Well I hope you were ready for a new TV or I hope the HDMI isn't that big a deal after all. Green and Red streaking lines are kinda cool aren't they, or was that just back in the 70s?
    Current Devices:

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    4 times
    Is it possible the thing is outputting RGB colorspace and not Y/Cb/Cr? I know my laptop refuses to use the "1080p HDTV" settings in NVidia when plugged in to my TV because my TV apparently reports that RGB is a valid mode. The card chooses it because 1920x1080 PC mode is superior to 1920x1080p HDTV mode.

I assume that RGB was part of the HDMI spec, but i ve discovered not every HDMI display doesn't support RGB color space. The 22" Vizio in my kitchen won't accept RGB.

A way to test this is some Blu-Ray players will output RGB mode. If your player does this, you could see what happens.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    2 times
    Hi All
    Just another update on my HDMI problems or should i now say solution !!!! My new TV arrived a very nice 40 " led 3d enabled set and the first thing i did was hook my prime up to it and it worked flawlessly and the 3D output on the game Shadow Gun was amazing.
    So all in all I'm very happy still a couple of little niggles to iron out but i finally feel like I'm getting everything from my prime that i wanted but i dare say that very soon i will require you're help again !!

Thanks
    Paul

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads