Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Screen suddenly shows black parts

Hi there,
    I'm new in this forum, and I'm having problems with my Transformer Prime TF201.
    I recently updated its OS to android 4.0.3 (as you know, it comes with Honeycomb 3.2), and everything went smoothly and fine for a day or so, and then suddenly, in the main desktop (the 3rd of the five it has) if i set an animated wallpaper (e.g ASUS My Water II), from time to time, it started to show some kind of interferences with the widgets. This is very strange, and happens the same with other animated wallpapers.

I have recorded a video in which you can see how the screen kinds of black out partially for a second, can be downloaded from here (clicking in regular download):
    Get IMG_0614.zip on Wupload.com
    Or can be seen here:

I need help, I don't want to return it to the shop, i'm very happy in general terms with this device
    Can be solved with any kind of ROM? Or any future android or ASUS update?

Thanks in advice
    P.D: Sorry for my bad English ^^

EDIT: I uploaded the video to youtube, since it is much easier to be seen than to be downloaded.
    Last edited by Jthulhu; 02-22-2012 at 04:44 PM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    202 times
    Please remove the wallpaper and report back, not all Apps behave as you would like.

It it happens after removing/uninstalling it, and REBOOTING, caps because you NEED to reboot, and report back.

I have had live wallpaper that flattened my TF and dock from 100% to 0% overnight.
    ASUS Transformer 16GB TAB B60, DOCK B60
    Build Number:- IML74K.WW_epad-9.2.1.27-20120615
    Mobile Dock Version:- EP101-0213

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    6 times
    Animated wallpapers are cool huge resource hog though do not think I would use them.

I would suspect that these types of video bugs are related to the driver.
    Will it get fixed, do not know but I would not be surprised if future updates do resolve the issue.

The question is can you live with this little glitch?
    Do movies play ok?

If I noticed youTube is ok, movies play fine ..... me I live with it but it is your call.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    362 times
    Nothing a few firmware updates won't resolve in time
    TF No longer charges: Clicky
    Transformer won't boot: Clicky
    Power / Lock button issues: Clicky
    Flash downloaded ASUS Firmware: Clicky

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    @14theroad
    The wallpaper is a stock one, which came with the TF; I have tried 2 things:
    - To put a non animated wallpaper, and check that it doesn't show this issue, then reboot the TF, and put the animated wallpaper again. The issue still happens (it seems to be only with animations, i'm worried about this can happen with games or so), and the killer whale in the ASUS My Water II animation is strangely sinking gradually, it has almost disappeared in the bottom of the TF
    - To restore the TF to its default values in its settings, wiping the TF in the process, and the issue still happens with animated wallpapers.
    The issue happens with 5 of the 5 desktops which has the TF.

@Technician
    Movies play fine in the TF, independently if they are from youtube or another stored in the sdcard. This "glitch" as you name it, is not a decisive attribute in the TF, but I have paid a lot for this device and I'd like it to work properly, and on the other hand, i'm afraid if this technnical/graphical flaw will affect the TF in other areas (e.g playing games, etc.).

@Detection
    I hope so.
    Last edited by Jthulhu; 02-22-2012 at 05:59 PM.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    If the water wallpaper is anything like the one for the TF101 in HC, the level is proportional to the battery level so it is constantly going down. If you plug it in, it will start bubbling and filling back up as it charges.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco View Post
    If the water wallpaper is anything like the one for the TF101 in HC, the level is proportional to the battery level so it is constantly going down. If you plug it in, it will start bubbling and filling back up as it charges.
    Yeah, you're right, I didn't realize that.

Apart from that, I did a little of research, and it seems that this issue isn't caused by the wallpaper, nor a failure of the graphics of the TF.
    This is an apparently common issue in most of the TF prime that have updated to ICS (like mine) called 'Screen flicker'
    In this video you can see it:

In my TF, the issue appears when I put a live wallpaper (part of the screen becomes black) and when I open the recent apps, or another window above icons or widgets, in which case the icons and widgets flicker.
    I hope this will be solved in future patches or updates.

Do your TF have this issue too?

BTW thanks your help
    Last edited by Jthulhu; 02-24-2012 at 11:37 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am running a wallpaper app on my TF 101 and it worked just fine until ICS update. Now, regardless of whether I am running the downloaded app or is I use a single gallery pic, I always have screen flicker then a few hours after a reboot the wallpaper goes solid black or changes to a stock wallpaper (the tree that it starts with).

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links