Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

dock stops charging tablet after a while

Hi all

I just noticed that my docks stops charging the tablet after being idle for a while ?? Anybody else havin the same issue ?

It fixes after I turn the tablet off and on but comes back again after the tablet has been idle with the lid closed for a while. The keyboard still works okay though with all the keys working it just dsnt seem to be charging the tablet. it starts charging after plugging in the charger but as soon as I unplug the charger it stops charging the tablet

Im running WW SKU 9.4.2.11 as we dont have the latest firmware yet.

dock version in 0206.

Thanks

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2827 times
    Hi, This may help, not sure
    1. The dock,only charges the tablet at about 70% - if your tablet has more charge than that, it won't start. It then balances the charge it gives up to around 95%.
    2. The charging is possibly stopped when the tablet goes into "deep sleep". This may be by design.
    3. Try a "hard reset" - if you aren't sure what that is, search for "Leeshor" the process is linked from his signature.

All the best.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    hi thanks for the help but it didnt work , still having the exact same issue now

I have also noticed that the usb port stops functioning when this above problem occurs. usb works fine when dock is charging the tablet but stops working when the dock stops charging the tablet. !!!!!!!

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    Hardware issue. I will explain later what's wrong.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    Ok, just got home.

The dock battery is exactly the same as the TF battery. The reason why you don't get twice the battery life with the dock is because you lose energy during the transferring from the dock battery to the TF battery in the form of heat. What does this have to do with your situation, you ask?

Heat makes things expand and contract. If something goes wrong after the device started heating up, then my money is on you having a cold solder joint somewhere. What's a cold solder joint? It's a solder joint that isn't really soldered in. The two connector points aren't really soldered together even though they visually appear they are. So, sometimes they touch each other and sometimes they don't. It looks like the change in temperature caused by the charging of the battery is causing the specific cold joint solder points to connect and disconnect at varying times. Make sense?

Now, whether this is a problem that exists in the dock or the TF I don't know based on what you've described. The only thing you can do now is RMA it and make sure you write out a very descriptive explanation of what's wrong and RMA both the TF and the dock.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    It makes sense but why do you reckon it only happens when the tablets been idle on the dock and not when its actually been used ?

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bikecrazy01 View Post
    It makes sense but why do you reckon it only happens when the tablets been idle on the dock and not when its actually been used ?
    Coincidence. When you leave it sitting idle, it's actually charging and adding heat to the system. And remember that that's just my educated guess. Your best bet right now is to RMA it. Make sure you describe very thoroughly the symptoms.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links