Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Please select one
    Liked
    0 times

Question Paid Apps from Android Market

Last edited by KaiElite307; 07-21-2020 at 01:38 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Please select one
    Liked
    0 times
    Last edited by KaiElite307; 07-21-2020 at 01:39 PM.
    Asus Transformer Prime Champagne Gold 32GB

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have been facing very same issues.. my Prime was purchased in US (New Mexico) but I am using it out of HongKong.. i can purchase apps without problem on my phone but on Prime i can see them but get error:"item you are trying to purchase not found" when I try to make a purchase.
    has anyone found a solution to this ?

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    Kinda strange... If you can buy apps on your phone there should be no issues buying them from your TP. I would change the wifi settings to static ip. restart your TP and see if that works for you.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks for the suggestion. Let me try that when i get home in couple of hours.. some additional info:

in order to test I purchased riptide gp on my phone (Desire HD). I am looking at my account on PC android market and it shows "This app is compatible with some of your devices".... there is a tick against my Desire HD... but for Prime it says : "This item cannot be installed on your device."
    This is true for pretty much all apps that I have already purchased (for my phone) as seen on PC android market...

wondering if I should be reinstalling ICS? I purchased it with ICS already installed...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    good news.. think the problem got solved for me after I did a hard reboot. Hold the power button down+VolDown button during startup till it takes you to the Wipe Data screen. After wiping data when it restarted I DID NOT ENTER MY GMAIL ID. (i dont know if that made the difference but thought will mention it). I skipped the gmail entry at startup and went straight to the market and entered gmail id there when asked. Could start to purchase apps fine now

Hope it helps anyone else facing the issue.
    PS: I did a reinstall of ICS prior to trying the hard reboot.. but just reinstall alone did not help.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fubarred View Post
    good news.. think the problem got solved for me after I did a hard reboot. Hold the power button down+VolDown button during startup till it takes you to the Wipe Data screen. After wiping data when it restarted I DID NOT ENTER MY GMAIL ID. (i dont know if that made the difference but thought will mention it). I skipped the gmail entry at startup and went straight to the market and entered gmail id there when asked. Could start to purchase apps fine now

Hope it helps anyone else facing the issue.
    PS: I did a reinstall of ICS prior to trying the hard reboot.. but just reinstall alone did not help.
    Has anyone else tried this and confirmed it's working? This issue has been a frustrating one for me for a long time and I've yet to find a concrete solution to the problem.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    I have exactly the same issue, I cannot buy any apps at all, or any comics through the DC/Marvel apps for example, any ideas? what is this ICS that Fubarred reinstalled?

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Welcome to the forum KirstenR!

I am not sure what the issue is here, I have never had an issue with buying items from the market.

I would suggest force closing the market, clearing the data from the app (Settings - Apps - All - Market) and then rebooting to see if that helps.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi there, thanks very much. I have been in touch with ASUS support and have already at their suggestion cleared all google data, removed my googlemail account, switched the tablet off and on again, and re-entered it, and it hasn't helped. I am looking for other suggestions including the above mentioned data wipe. Having spent so much on this tablet it is incredibly frustrating to have such a key element not working.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links