Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

subtle brightness changes when screen changes

Even though i have auto brightness off i can still see subtle brightness changes to the screen. They happen when i go from the home screen to the browser, the white screen of the browser can be seen getting brighter in smallsteps. The reverse happens going back to the home screen. Anyone know how to fixit?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    I'm not sure since my home screen has a colored background and my browser is a white background. Just for fun try lowering your brightness setting really low to see the outcome and then raise it really high. In fact even try it with the IPS mode turned on and let us know the difference in the 3.

After you have done this you can try a Cold Boot to see if it clears up.
    Cold Boot: Unplug the power cord and shut the unit off and Press and Hold the power button and the Hard volume button together until after the normal start up screen appears and is joined by some small print at the top of the screen then let them both go. After a few seconds you should see a couple of shapes in the middle of the screen called "Wipe Data" and "Android". Wait a few more seconds until the term "Cold Boot" appears in the list near the top of the screens and just press and release the "Down" volume button again and let it reboot. If you own the dock be sure and do this with the dock connected.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

confirmed

Have the same exact issue.

To reproduce:
    1. turn brightness all the way down
    2. Switch between a light page and a dark page (such as a Google search and the android Settings app)
    3. Scroll the page and watch screen brightness change.

pos prime :-(

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylittle View Post
    I'm not sure since my home screen has a colored background and my browser is a white background. Just for fun try lowering your brightness setting really low to see the outcome and then raise it really high. In fact even try it with the IPS mode turned on and let us know the difference in the 3.

After you have done this you can try a Cold Boot to see if it clears up.
    Cold Boot: Unplug the power cord and shut the unit off and Press and Hold the power button and the Hard volume button together until after the normal start up screen appears and is joined by some small print at the top of the screen then let them both go. After a few seconds you should see a couple of shapes in the middle of the screen called "Wipe Data" and "Android". Wait a few more seconds until the term "Cold Boot" appears in the list near the top of the screens and just press and release the "Down" volume button again and let it reboot. If you own the dock be sure and do this with the dock connected.
    I've tried your "Cold Boot" procedure on my TF101A holding either one or both volume buttons and the power button at the same time, and it never starts up!

Can you clarify the Cold Boot procedure? WHICH volume button with the power button?? Top or Bottom? And how long do you have to wait?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the same problem, has a solution?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    5 times
    I've noticed this on my Prime, if I switch from a dark screen to a bright one, after being on the bright screen for 5 seconds or so, the brightness ramps up slightly.

I don't consider this (in my unit) a defect, but just the display adjusting to the brightness.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    How turned off this function?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    5 times
    It isn't something that can be "turned off"... I just took it to be almost like the display takes a few seconds to "warm up" on coming to a bright page.

I'm only speaking for my own experience, I don't know if the other posters are experiencing something worse than I am.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mothman View Post
    It isn't something that can be "turned off"... I just took it to be almost like the display takes a few seconds to "warm up" on coming to a bright page.

I'm only speaking for my own experience, I don't know if the other posters are experiencing something worse than I am.
    That's ridiculous, LED illuminated LCDs don't have "warm up". LED's are either on full brightness or their off (unless they are on a dimmer or variable circuit as in choosing brightness). If an LED fails, it either is dead or a low illumination continuously. He's got something faulty with his ASUS!
    (22 years in electronics design)

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    13 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vintageguitarz View Post
    I've tried your "Cold Boot" procedure on my TF101A holding either one or both volume buttons and the power button at the same time, and it never starts up!

Can you clarify the Cold Boot procedure? WHICH volume button with the power button?? Top or Bottom? And how long do you have to wait?
    Make sure the power cord is DISconnected, the device seems to need to be powered by battery only to enable a cold boot, or at least mine does the volume button on the side needs to be held in the "down" position, which is the side towards the base/dock .
    Hope this helps
    Last edited by rizlared; 03-11-2012 at 12:09 AM. Reason: typo
    Asus TP 201, UK version s/m ***AS045***
    Samsung Ace

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links