Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Random Reboots

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question Random Reboots

I got my prime from amazon and have upgraded to ICS. It reboots once every couple of days and at times really lags. love this thing but don't know if I should be sending it back for a replacement. Any thoughts? Does this warrent a return?
    Last edited by tbone2299; 02-02-2012 at 06:40 AM.

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tbone2299 View Post
    I got my prime from amazon and have upgraded to HC. It reboots once every couple of days and at times really lags. love this thing but don't know if I should be sending it back for a replacement. Any thoughts? Does this warrent a return?
    I'm guessing you upgraded to ICS not HC, but that's just a guess. Have you tried a hard reset? With the TFP on, it's the hole just below the SD Card slot.

Also many people have found that the Prime is crashing due to issues communicating with their router, particularly if it happens when browsing. I have additional information on both in my signature. If it runs well for several days it could also be a conflict between 2 or more apps. Also in my links.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    I'm guessing you upgraded to ICS not HC, but that's just a guess. Have you tried a hard reset? With the TFP on, it's the hole just below the SD Card slot.

Also many people have found that the Prime is crashing due to issues communicating with their router, particularly if it happens when browsing. I have additional information on both in my signature. If it runs well for several days it could also be a conflict between 2 or more apps. Also in my links.

Wow yes ICS. Thanks for the thoughts. I will give them a shot.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    I am recommending a complete factory reset after the update to ICS - up to now no-one has had any of this type of issue after doing so and some who had differing "strange" issues found them resolved after doing so.

You can backup using the appbackup tool & paid for apps are recorded at the market.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Could someone pls confirm whether the backup will save all my email and configurations, before I try the factory reset.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    @jonand
    Use Google services for what it can do
    appbackup for what it can offer - backing up nominated apps & data
    microsd for files, pics, etc

Factory reset, then restore afterwards

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks Janner43. Did a soft reboot earlier today to try and sort the random boots - so far so good, but if it does it again I will do full factory reset. Thanks again.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    I am recommending a complete factory reset after the update to ICS - up to now no-one has had any of this type of issue after doing so and some who had differing "strange" issues found them resolved after doing so.
    After post ICS factory reset, my TFP seems much better but it HAS randomly rebooted. I have not, however, seen the crazy pausing fits I saw before the factory reset. Too soon to tell.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Quote Originally Posted by davesf View Post
    After post ICS factory reset, my TFP seems much better but it HAS randomly rebooted. I have not, however, seen the crazy pausing fits I saw before the factory reset. Too soon to tell.
    Random reboots seem to be an android wide "feature" you can read about them happening on many tablets - not just Asus. They happen on the tf101 as well. Sometimes caused by apps like Google Earth for example. To be brutally honest - if it happens to you, it just happens. I have had 6 or 7 in 5 months.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Well, my Prime is working like a champ after ICS, can't think of any random reboots happening. I did have it totally lock up the other day. I left it on a desk in sleep mode, just like many times before, and had been able to wake it with the guick tap of the power switch. This time, nothing. Hold down the power button, nothing. Hold the power and volume together, nothing. Tried holding down on the power button for a long time, nothing. Start PANICKING!!! Started to reach for a paperclip when it finally vibrated and booted up. I had noticed when I pulled the USB end out from the PC, the cable connector on the Prime charge connector was slightly skewed, will pay more attention to that.

One thing I have found out, the Prime ICS is a lot like a PC, files can get corrupted and data caches can get corrupted or have corrupt data in them. It also sounds like file transfers can get corrupted and Android doesn't seem to do as much file integrity checking before going ahead with an install. I have had so many improvements by force stopping apps, clearing the data, clearing the cache, uninstalling, re-downloading after checking it is the latest version, then doing a clean install. There is a problem with just going to the droid market and trying stuff out, apps meant for smart phones can cause what seem like random reboots. I have run into several apps that lock up the prime and I quickly flush those. Anyway, my Prime amazes me every day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links