Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    6 times

Splashtop Destop Client can not uninstall

I an not impressed, I installed it at work.

It kept pestering me, so I decided to uninstall it.

Guess what there is NO UNSTALL PROGRAM !!! it is not in Add/Remove Programs !!!!

Can anybody please tell me how to get rid of the Splashtop Desktop Client>

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    833 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Technician View Post
    I an not impressed, I installed it at work. It kept pestering me, so I decided to uninstall it. Guess what there is NO UNSTALL PROGRAM !!! it is not in Add/Remove Programs !!!! Can anybody please tell me how to get rid of the Splashtop Desktop Client>
    Are you talking about Splashtop on yourTF or your PC? On the TF, you can just long-press and an uninstall pops up, or go to Applications, and it will be listed there for uninstalling. On my PC, it is listed in Programs and Features for the uninstall.
    Asus Eee Pad TF101; Samsung Galaxy S4; Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition; Galaxy Note 8

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    393 times
    Download the installer again and run it, choose the uninstall option if it is there, if not, look in program files
    TF No longer charges: Clicky
    Transformer won't boot: Clicky
    Power / Lock button issues: Clicky
    Flash downloaded ASUS Firmware: Clicky

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Detection View Post
    Download the installer again and run it, choose the uninstall option if it is there, if not, look in program files
    Yes I am talking client on my laptop at work.
    As mentioned in OP there is no Add/Remove entry.

Yes there is no uninstall option.
    Yes I checked program files.

I got rid of it by using the registration editor.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    6 times
    The problem is solved I used the windows registration editor to remove the Splashtop PC Client.
    Lets move on nothing new here.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    SL101
    Liked
    0 times

No Uninstall

I did not request this application, yet it installed behind the scenes anyways. Now there is no option to uninstall. The only option from other forum posts is to install the whole thing again and then uninstall it. So you want me to re-install another version of a software package that I didn't want anyways, just so I can delete it. Not all of us know how to use Windows registration editor to get rid of files. This is unethical and poorly executed on the developers part. It wreaks of contempt for the user as it appears to have been written to install in stealth mode and then not allow users to uninstall. Makes me wonder if you're going to install malicious code if I install another version in order to delete the original. The whole thing brings your ethics as a software developer into question.

"There are ways to develop and distribute an application, your way is not the right way, so the responses from users you receive in return are just. I suggest you wind your neck in and 'reconsider' your attitude towards the users. "

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    0 times
    Every time I boot my PC, the stupid SpashTop updater appears. I removed every transformer related program I can find like PCSuite. AsusOwner123 above is right on... this kind of "sneak a program on their computer with no way of removing it" only pisses people off.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    0 times
    Apparently there is Splashtop software installed right in the BIOS of some laptops. This didn't apply to me as I was having problems with software installed on my PC but others may have them. If you notice that the Splashtop crap loads up even before windows does, go into your BIOS and disable it.

My problem was on my PC, every time I started Windows 7 Pro a stupid "Splashtop Software Updater" screen would appear offering immediate update or a reminder in 7 days, no offer to uninstall the unwanted junk... imagine that. I looked all through my Programs and Features and even ran my Revo Uninstaller but there was no Splashtop related software available to uninstall. Stupid programs like this really don't want to be uninstalled. Anyway, I found a bunch of Splashtop folders located at [C:\Program Files (x86)\Splashtop] including one called Splashtop\Software Updater. In the updater folder I found a file called [uninst.exe]... YAY! I ran the uninstall program which worked fine, rebooted, and guess what! That effing stupid Splashtop Software Updater screen appeared again anyway. Splashtop is just a ripoff company... there should be a law against this crap! From here I can only help you if you're willing to get Revo Uninstaller. I highly recommend getting this great program. Revo Uninstaller not only uninstalls programs but then does a scan to remove all the crap a stupid program like Splashtop for example leaves behind. It also has a great feature called "Forced Uninstall". I did a forced uninstall on [C:\Program Files (x86)\Splashtop] ... SSUService.exe and SRService.exe (Splashtop Remote) which also installed itself on my computer without my knowledge. I'm not 100% sure exactly the subdirectory those two .exe files are in but you'll find them easily enough.

Long story short... get Revo Uninstaller Pro, pay for it, I did and I use it all the time for crap like this. Splashtop is a perfect example of malicious software... installs itself without warning and can't be removed. Shame on them.
    Last edited by SuperTechnician; 04-25-2012 at 09:57 AM.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2812 times
    Since people seem to like to over a 3 month old debate that the OP said to let it go, I went ahead and cleaned up this thread.

To summarize, Splashtop (installed through ASUS or Splashtop.com) does NOT have an uninstaller in the start menu or in the control panel. If you navigate to C:\Program Files\Spashtop\Splashtop Updater\ and run the Unwise.exe file it will uninstall.

If you have a 64 Bit system it will be C:\Program Files(x86)\Splashtop\Splashtop Updater\ to find Unwise.exe

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Ads