Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question Trying to install ClockworkMod on new TF101-A1

Hello. I am currently trying to install ClockworkMod on my brand new TF101-A1. It's rooted and has superuser, rom manager, terminal, etc. I'm on the stock rom obviously since I can't get clockwordmod.

I am new to android devices as well, so please bear with me if this doesn't sound right or if I'm just being stupid.

Basically I used nochoroot with the newest firmware to root it. I have the sdk installed and all that and know how to use adb commands.

I'm following this guide here: [Recovery] ClockworkMod 3.1.0.1-solarnz-R3 Modded for Internal media - xda-developers

I try to put it into recovery and I have managed to get to the screen where it shows "wipe data" and "android" but I don't know what to do from there.

I have the zip on an sd card which is in the tablet.

Thanks.

Also to put it into recovery I have tried through rom manager, adb reboot recovery, and quick boot, but none of them work. I have done the one where you hold down the power button and down button and that has gotten me that far but I have no idea what to do after that.

Another also, for some odd reason my volume up button doesn't work, so I have to press the volume down button and then scroll the volume thing on the screen, is this software or hardware problem? Like is it something in the settings?

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Welcome to the forum!

Check this thread for a link to the Recovery Installer. http://www.transformerforums.com/for...tallation.html

Install the APK. When rebooting when you hold VOL DOWN and POWER as soon as the text appears it says PRESS VOL UP WITHIN 5 SECONDS FOR RCK. Tap VOL UP (this is before the Wipe Data/Cold Boot selection).

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

Check this thread for a link to the Recovery Installer. http://www.transformerforums.com/for...tallation.html

Install the APK. When rebooting when you hold VOL DOWN and POWER as soon as the text appears it says PRESS VOL UP WITHIN 5 SECONDS FOR RCK. Tap VOL UP (this is before the Wipe Data/Cold Boot selection).
    Thank you for the help. I found out that my device'a volume up button didn't work so I returned it to compusa and got a new one. I am currently running revolver rom and installed clock work mod using that apk. Thanks again.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links