Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: transfer photos

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

transfer photos

Can someone inform me as how to transfer photos, music to the Transformer Prime...

Thank you

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1511 times
    Welcome to the forum

Where are the files you want to get onto the TFP? If on your PC you have several options. You easiest option if there is a lot of data to transfer is to connect your TFP to your computer's USB port using the charging cable. You can drag-n-drop pretty much any of your photos that way.

Ir if you have network share on your system you can do it over WiFi by browsing to the share and do copy/paste. There are several other methods depending on your needs.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    2793 times
    I guess the big question for me is for all of these, how large is your library, are you looking to move them to the internal memory, or put them on a microSD and access them from there.

For your music, do you mind using the cloud? If you are based in the US you can get Google Music Beta and store up to 20,000 songs online, access them through the Music app and make any avaiable offline any time you are online.

You can transfer via the USB charging cable to your Prime, you can use WiFi to transfer, you can use cloud services like Dropbox, you can use a MicroSD to transfer them, and if you have the keyboard dock you can use a USB drive or SD card.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have tried to transfer some photos by the drag and drop and it does seem to work. Can You please explain the detail on how this done, or how it is done by browsing to the share and copy and paste.
    I am over 80 and at times this become very confusing, Would realy appreciate the help

Thank You
    dick

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    422 times
    The other option is to put them onto a micro SD card and then move them onto the transformer that way. That is how I do it...
    TF101! - Running Domination built on my beautiful ArchLinux box!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Stock Sadly...
    Custom Built Desktop - Intel I7 w/ Windows7 & ArchLinux Dual boot - Go LINUX!
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

Great Help Guide Here -> Frederucos Fantastical Forum Favorites
    And Here -> Master Help Guide

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Dick
    Take your cable that came with the Prime for charging, disconnet the usb end from the wall wart ( the small box that you plug into the wall outlet)
    Hook the approiate end to the prime and the other end of the cable to your computer usb port.
    Open my computer on your computer and you should see the transformer Prime under "Portable devices" (By the way I'm using Win7 on my computer)
    Double click on the Prime and a screen should open up that says "Internal Storage"
    Double click on Internal Storage and that should open up a screen with a bunch of folders
    One will be called Pictures and another will be called music
    Open the folder on your computer that has the pictures or music in it
    You can now highlight the picture for instance and drag it to the picture folder from the Transformer Prime
    I'm doing this as I type to make sure it works, and it does for me
    This is just one way but is the most direct if your just starting out with the Prime
    Let me know if this helped
    It feels good to help someone else for a change
    Usually I'm asking thee questions
    Jeff

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Jeff
    What I am trying to do is transfer the photos from my pc, which I also have windows &, 64Bit, to theprime, when id do this I get the error of "This device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected"

Thank You
    Dick

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1511 times
    Dick, let me first suggest a hard reset of the TF using the hole below the SD Card slot, then a restart of the computer. Don't know if you are trying the transfer from the Prime but I suggest using Windows Explorer to do the drag and drop. For some reason the TF is sensitive to some file extensions as well so try one file first to see if it works. JPG should work fine.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Dick
    I'm not trying to be a smart aXX, but did you try my example step by step
    I tried it again and didn't have any problems, never saw the error message you saw

Another way to do it is to load the pictures from your computer onto a flash drive if you have the prime dock or a micro SD card if you have the tablet only, or a full sized SD card or a external HD if you have the dock
    After they are loaded onto the storage device (sd card or flash or external HD for that mater) plug/ put the storage device into the Prime
    Now on the prime Go to the File Manager folder. It will be among your apps but it may also show up on one of your home screens
    Open File Manager. On the left side is a tourquiose (SP) area. there you should see USBDISK if you are using a flash drive or I think it will say something like MICRO SD if that is what you loaded the pictures onto from the computer
    Touch that word (USB DISK, MICRO SD, or HD)
    On the right side of the screen what ever is on the drive or card etc. should show up
    Up at the top of the screen hit select all or if you only want to select certain pictures touch the small box to the left of the file that represents the picture you want
    Now at the top you should see Copy, Cut, Delete, Deselect all
    I usually touch copy
    Now you should see Paste, Add folder,and select all, at the top of the screen
    if you hit paste it will ask you where you want to paste the pictures
    At the bottom of the screen on the left side you should see some shortcuts (Picture,Camera, Music, Download)
    Touch the one you want to store the picture in and it should put a copy of the picture in the picture folder in the filmanager filefor example
    I've done these steps as I was typing and never saw the error message you referred to.
    I hope this was of some help
    Jeff

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Jeff:
    Yes, I did as you had suggested the first timeand that is when I the message, "This device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected" I will try again and also try to follow your last email.
    Thanks for the help, I am new with this so it will be a new venturer for me..

Dick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads