Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Transformer Prime Keyboard Dock - Docking Port does not swivel

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    18 times
    WOW! When I got my dock a week after my Prime, I slid the lock lever over and pulled up on the docking port, and would not move up at all. Took it back to Fry's, the techs tried too, they said it's broken. I saw a lever inside the docking holder on the right side, I took a ball point pen and moved it and heard a click, I noticed the locking lever moved over, I grabbed the docking and moved it upward, it worked, the lever must of been a override of the locking lever. I showed that to the Fry's tech. he said he will have to remember that trick. Now I was a happy camper.
    rcca

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    5 times
    e While I do love my TP, I must fault Asus for skimping on documentation. The pathetic excuse for a user's manual that came with the dock and with the tablet left MUCH to be desired. I had the same issue with mine, and was afraid to force the hinge open, lest I break it. Also, I can fault ASUS for not supporting their devices with the advertised accessories. Where are the freaking cases and smart covers?!?!?

Herder

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    18 times
    ASUS should of used all of us to test their Prime before rushing out to the market, ha! ha!
    rcca

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks, I was the same... didn't want to accidentally break or damage a part (so i thought). Works perfectly now!

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    27 times
    i had the exact same experience. was afraid to remove them just in case they weren't meant to come out and like you said, not a word anywhere about the tabs. called the bbuy store i purchased it from and was told absolutely don't remove them or you'll break it? i decided after sitting and staring at for several minutes she didn't know what she was talking about as there was just no way it was going on the dock without them out. as for the swivel, i've learned from experience not to force anything into place e.g. ram or you'll likely break it, this time was the exception to the rule. it is really stiff but once you get past the little things its such a great device even if the included instructions are the worst.
    Funny, how just when you think life can't possibly get any worse it suddenly does. -Douglas Adams-

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Are you referring to the rubber grommets on the bottom? I agree they should have done a better job but i thought it was obvious they had to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by mikenzinbfe View Post
    i had the exact same experience. was afraid to remove them just in case they weren't meant to come out and like you said, not a word anywhere about the tabs. called the bbuy store i purchased it from and was told absolutely don't remove them or you'll break it? i decided after sitting and staring at for several minutes she didn't know what she was talking about as there was just no way it was going on the dock without them out. as for the swivel, i've learned from experience not to force anything into place e.g. ram or you'll likely break it, this time was the exception to the rule. it is really stiff but once you get past the little things its such a great device even if the included instructions are the worst.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    DO NOT USE THE DOCK. With very little pressure, the dock CRACKED my screen completely across the tablet due to the tightness of the swivel hinge. ASUS was not helpful. They wanted $200 to replace the glass. Best Buy return was 2 days past the 2 weeks. I finally got Best Buy to replace the tablet. But now, I am terrified to break the new one. Gorilla Glass, my ass.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    DO NOT USE THE DOCK. With very little pressure, the dock CRACKED my screen completely across the tablet due to the tightness of the swivel hinge. ASUS was not helpful. They wanted $200 to replace the glass. My tablet is only 16 days old!!! Best Buy return was 2 days past the 2 weeks. I finally got Best Buy to agree to order and replace the tablet tonight. But now, I am terrified to break the new one. Probably going to skip the dock this time around even though it was a great idea. Gorilla Glass, my ass.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links