Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ASUS Transformer Prime Locking Up and/or rebooting after .11 update

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

ASUS Transformer Prime Locking Up and/or rebooting after .11 update

Hello,

My prime has experienced intermittent lockups and reboots after the latest firmware update to .11 in ICS. Is anyone working on a new firmware update to stabilize the system?

Gir
    Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamesje View Post
    Hello,

My prime has experienced intermittent lockups and reboots after the latest firmware update to .11 in ICS. Is anyone working on a new firmware update to stabilize the system?
    They're busy releasing updates so who knows what's next. I'd call and complain to get it on their radar.

Possible solutions
    Reboot
    Hard reset
    Reset pin
    Factory reset

Question for you:
    How did you apply the update--did you reboot the tablet first or did you simply install the update when it arrived?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    I talked to a rep on the phone on Friday and he wasn't very committed to guaranteeing that an ICS update was coming but there just has to be one coming! Hopefully any day now!

And yes try a reset before doing a Factory Reset if necessary to correct your issue.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Same problem here, my tablet is practically unusable and each and every time it crashes I get closer and closer to simply smashing it into a hundred pieces. I better return it before I smash it as I am quite certain that will hurt its resale value.

Please google/asus, PLEASE fix this. I used to love this tablet before ICS update and now I am beginning to hate it... Worst part is I want a tablet so if I return this I will have to either test my patience and wait for the competitors coming down the pipeline or buy and Ipad... oh the humanity!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraylin View Post
    Same problem here, my tablet is practically unusable and each and every time it crashes I get closer and closer to simply smashing it into a hundred pieces. I better return it before I smash it as I am quite certain that will hurt its resale value.

Please google/asus, PLEASE fix this. I used to love this tablet before ICS update and now I am beginning to hate it... Worst part is I want a tablet so if I return this I will have to either test my patience and wait for the competitors coming down the pipeline or buy and Ipad... oh the humanity!
    Have you tried a Factory Reset just to wipe everything and give it a fresh start?
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Gir
    Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraylin View Post

Did you reboot your device before installing the update?

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylittle View Post
    Have you tried a Factory Reset just to wipe everything and give it a fresh start?
    Meaning when you hold volume down and power then select wipe data? If so then yes I have done this much to the chagrin of losing the progress in my games, lol hey high scores are hard to beat again. This didn't fix the crashing problem.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    Did you reboot your device before installing the update?
    No I did not and I should not have needed to either. Most people would not think to reboot before an update, it is fair to assume the developers are supposed to code their software updates properly....

If this helps others great and I assume that is your point but again it is frustrating to think this could even be a factor.
    Mickeylittle likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    I agree with you but since the past 2 updates have been anything but stellar, I strongly suggest doing a Cold Boot before doing any update that Asus pushes out. In fact I do a Cold Boot afterwards as well just because it doesn't hurt a thing! The Cold Boot is where you press the Volume Down so that you do not wipe all the data!
    Current Devices:

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    This may not help BUT my 32G prime was/is having same problem, constantly crashing. Since last update (.11) only 2. The crashes and reboots started after ICS update. I reported it to ASUS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links