Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unrecoverable Bootloader ?

I opened my Transformer Prime TF201 this week, and charged it for 12 hours as soon as I opened it. I didn't do anything to it until it was fully charged overnight. The next morning, I set things up. I noticed that it kept continusoulsly shutting down and rebooting. I couldn't do anything without it rebooting.
    Then the next day, I upgraded to ICS, thinking it would help. No, it was worse. Over the past few days, it shuts down and shows the error in red:
    Unrecoverable Bootloader error Signature mismatched. I've attached a picture. 2012-01-17_11-50-27_964.jpg I hold down the power button and the volume down button to shut it down. I've received this message many times! I can't find anything written on the forum about this.
    Today, I got the following message that I've attached as a picture.ASUSERROR.jpg
    I'm a total novice at all of this, and I'm thinking I have a severely defected ASUS. Can anyone help me please? Today it won't even connect to the internet via wifi which is running all of our other computers. I even rebooted the router, and no luck.

Thanks
    Elizabeth

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    The encryption message you got I believe is where your tablet was trying to encrypt itself so that when turned on you have to put in a password to unencrypt (spelling) it. Basically so that no one could get info off your tab if you lost it.

I think you are going to have to return it and swap it out. Something has obviously gone wrong when Asus loaded the operating system.
    Transformer Prime 32Gb Champagne Gold with 4 cores of raw processing power!!!

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    You can try a factory reset. Hold VOLUME DOWN and POWER for about 10 - 12 seconds. The next screen should have 2 icons, left one saying WIPE DATA, right one ANDROID. Tap the VOL DOWN button one time to get the WIPE DATA selected. Wait a few seconds, then follow the prompts to confirm the data wipe and see if that helps.

If it keeps acting wonky, I would go to the ASUS site and download the latest firmware for the TF201 and use the "Manual Update" link in my signature to try to manually reflash the firmware.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I did your part of your suggestion above which was the "wipe data". However, I can't go to the ASUS download site on the TF201, b/c I'm unable to connect to the internet at all. I brought the tablet to a public spot tonight, and it would not connect. I would connect it to my phone, but I can't even download the PDA app for that to happen. When I go to settings; About Tablet this is what is shows: Android Version 4.0.3 Build number IML74K.US_epad-9.4.2.7-20120106 Do you need any other info on this quirky tablet? This is totally ridiculous that I can't do anything with it. I ordered and paid for it through Amazon.com

Thanks
    Elizabeth

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    If I need to get assistance via Skype then I'm open to that idea to get this tablet working please. Thanks, Elizabeth

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    When you try to connect via WiFi, can it see the access points and just not connect?

crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

- Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I called ASUS and they offered me a RMA number so I can return this broken unit. I'm hoping they will issue a new tablet verses just "fixing" this one. I've never seen a more poorly designed OS. It was constantly rebooting itself every single minute or less. I'm trying to let the battery "die" , but the darn thing won't stay on long enough to do that. Any suggestions on how to kill it before returning it?

Thanks
    Elizabeth

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes, it does see my house WiFi but no connection. I put it next to my router and rebooted my routed completely and still got nothing. It does see it though.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    It stays in the mode of "Obtaining IP Address"

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    I am thinking your device has a wifi bug (either hardware or software). This may not be the OS's fault.

I have to disagree on the OS, I feel Honeycomb is miles ahead of Windows CE, ME and Vista.

crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

- Homer Jay Simpson

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links