Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Failed to update camera firmware

I received the Asus transformer Prime last week with Honeycomb. Before updating to ICS everything worked fine, including the camera. After updating to ICS I received anan "Asus update service message that the camera firmware update is available. I clicked ok and received the following message: "Failed to update firmware, try again."
    Now my camera does not work at all. I called Asus tech support and they advised me to send it in for repair. Isn't this a software problem? Someone in a previous post
    mentioned that Asus would provide and OTA to resolve this problem.

Please advise

thanks

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes there is something wrong with the camera update. I had problems with download aborted first time. Installed on second but has bug.
    When start up prime goes directly to camera app. If anyone knows how to fix answer wld be appreciated.

Thanks
    Gollygee

Prime 2 32Gb

QUOTE=BulletBob;118808]I received the Asus transformer Prime last week with Honeycopmb. Before updating to ICS everything worked fine, including the camera. After updating to ICS I received anan "Asus update service message that the camera firmware update is available. I clicked ok and received the following message: "Failed to update firmware, try again."
    Now my camera does not work at all. I called Asus tech support and they advised me to send it in for repair. Isn't this a software problem? Someone in a previous post

Please advise

thanks[/QUOTE]

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    2 times
    No answer from ASUS. They told me to try a data wipe and if that doesn't work to send it in to them. Ridiculous solution to an obvious software issue. So now I have no camera....nice move. I asked them if they intend to resend the camera firmware and got no solid answer. I told the guy he's about to get a ton of upset customers but why should he care?
    Anyone want to try a data wipe experiment?

QUOTE=Gollygee;118828]Yes there is something wrong with the camera update. I had problems with download aborted first time. Installed on second but has bug.
    When start up prime goes directly to camera app. If anyone knows how to fix answer wld be appreciated.

Thanks
    Gollygee

Prime 2 32Gb

QUOTE=BulletBob;118808]I received the Asus transformer Prime last week with Honeycopmb. Before updating to ICS everything worked fine, including the camera. After updating to ICS I received anan "Asus update service message that the camera firmware update is available. I clicked ok and received the following message: "Failed to update firmware, try again."

Please advise

thanks[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links