Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Post [Q] PS3 wired connection and USB devices not recognized....HELP!

I just got my Asus Prime from Taiwan yesterday after a month of waiting (my first tablet!!!). Out of the box my prime updated itself automatically to ICS and it all went smoothly. So far no screen flickering that others have mentioned. But now i have tried to connect 3 USB hard drives to my dock and none of them have been recognized, the lights on the HD turn on but after about 2 min. it turns off. All 3 of my USB devices are samsung. When i tried to connect my ps3 controller to the dock , nothing happens??!!! HElp would be greatly appreciated! Im a noob btw lol....

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I've had intermittent problems with my PS3 controller connected via USB port. Not sure what gets it working again, but sometimes it seems to respond to hitting the PS button (the same way you get your controller to be recognized by your PS3). Other times, I try this and it doesn't seem to work. Other things I've tried include quitting and restarting the app (usually Riptide) or restarting the Prime. These didn't seem to work but I can't say that doing a restart and THEN hitting the PS3 key wasn't what made hitting the PS3 key seem to work. In any event, here are 3 things you can try.

What I'd like to figure out is why my PS3 controller is not visible to the Prime when I turn on Bluetooth. Hitting PS key in this setting has NO impact whatsoever. Anyone have a thought?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanx for the tips but my USBs and PS3 controller seem 2 b recognized now??? Out of the blue!!! I tried everything and now it works all of a sudden! weird........ thanx anyway!!! I think the Bluetooth pairing with the PS3 controller doesn't work because the prime doesn't no the address of the controller or visa versa, it would be so much more convenient if it could be paired this way!! The people at Asus are lazy to not include this in ICS.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    FWIW, my problems with intermittent function of my USB PS3 gamepad continue and I still have not figured out a fix that works every time. And,for the record, yesterday's update didn't result in any improvement. :-(

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I THINK I have found a fix. The trick is to hold the PS button down for a prolonged period of time (seems to take 15 seconds or so). When all four lights on the controller start flashing, the gamepad seems to finally be working. Not sure if I have to do this within a game that recognizes the gamepad or whether it works when I'm on the home screen as well.

Here's hoping this continues to work. Please let us know if this solved your problem, Fish.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Thanx for the tips but my USBs and PS3 controller seem 2 b recognized now??? Out of the blue!!! I tried everything and now it works all of a sudden! weird........ thanx anyway!!! I think the Bluetooth pairing with the PS3 controller doesn't work because the prime doesn't no the address of the controller or visa versa, it would be so much more convenient if it could be paired this way!! The people at Asus are lazy to not include this in ICS.
    This is possible. First your Prime must be rooted. Then you need to download the Sixaxis app. Then go to here: Dancing Pixel Studios and run the program on your computer with the PS3 controller plugged in via mini USB. Once you have put the Prime's Bluetooth address into the controller it will be able to recognize the Prime..

It may sound confusing but it only takes 10 minutes and is so worth it... I play all my games with my PS3 controller without and issues.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well with me prime , i just connect the ps3 controller and press the PS button once and then it connects. I dnt have 2 hold the PS button in. My prime doesnt seem to have the USB not being recognized problem ever since.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Glad yours is finally working well, Fish. :-) My controller stays connected so long as I keep it plugged into the Prime, but once I disconnect it--e.g. if I am traveling with the Prime--I have to use the prolonged hold of PS button to get it recognized again. So far, so good... that seems to work every time. :-)

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links