Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Asus transformer Prime ics horizontal lines across screen

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Anyone else having success with patch?

And they're not collecting information as much as there collecting devices for testing and R and D.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have one of the newer primes, and ever since the ics update to 4.0.3 it's been randomly rebooting. I also notice i get the android.process.media error quite a bit. At first I thought it was the asus stuff not playing well with ics, so i turned as much of it off as I could. That seemed to calm down the weird graphics glitch where it would freeze then when you'd press the home softkey, the screen would instantly blank unreadable, looks like when you halfway unplug a vga cable or something. Once you reboot, it comes back fine. Now I'm just getting random reboots.

Seems to occur shortly after the android.process.media fc's. I was playing with androidvnc just now and twice it rebooted. Going to try the force gpu rendering first, and if that doesn't work, I'll try to flash the zip. Here's the key info. I also notice when I have wifi off and it's chilling in my bag, it stays just fine. I know by checking the uptime. But as soon as I turn wifi on and start messing with it, it can run from 2 minutes to 2 hours then I get a reboot. Very random. Will report back on the gpu rendering and the zip to see how it goes. Honestly it looks like it's stuttering right before it locks up. Almost like the processor isn't getting the voltage it needs, or bad memory. It's so hard to tell though.

Here's the fyi:

Never rooted
    Worked perfectly on Honeycomb
    Updated it the day the update came out to 4.0.3, and the camera firmware to tf201-0x9900

Other misc info:

Gps - 6.8.13
    Wifi - 6.1.1.17
    bluetooth - 9.23
    Kernel - 2.6.39.4
    Build number - IML74K.US_epad-9.4.2.7-20120106

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Drcruiser View Post
    I was also following the discussion over on XDA and loaded this file onto my Prime Friday evening. It has fixed the horizontal banding issues I was experiencing. Its been two days and I've had zero issues.

Method for updating: Unzip file. Place second zipped file onto the root of your SD card. Once inserted, your Prime will inform you there is an update for your system. Install and enjoy.
    I tried this remedy, and it worked flawlessly. Thanks!

Note: See Post by Detection 1/16 @ 11:13AM
    Last edited by TabletJunkie; 01-17-2012 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Add reference to solution post.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
    Mine had nothing installed it was fresh out of the box.
    Really sure it is not an app issue.
    Just sharing my personal experience... I didn't say I thought it was an app issue, but my own experience has been that this is the only app that causes it on my Prime, so it is possible that there's some issue there. Either that, or my Prime is weird compared to others
    TF-201 amethyst gray 32gb with dock... S/N:BCOK...
    Samsung Galaxy SIIx phone...
    Acer Liquid E... demoted to kids' gaming only

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    same problem here - horizontal lines flicker on the left hand (or upper part, if held vertically) part of the screen, as well as an audible crackling when the lower left hand corner (where the home, back and window "buttons" are) and a very noticeable static charge on the back of the tablet.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Look at post #58 and download that file. It will solve the horizontal line issue (there is also evidence that it will fix random reboots). The file is an update to ICS 9.4.2.9. I've been up for almost a week with no issues.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Earlier this afternoon Asus Netherlands posted on Facebook that from tomorrow Asus is going to gradually release a new version of ICS/patch that deals with:
    -Graphics lines issue: When users are using the Pad, sometimes horizontal stripes will be shown on the panel.
    -Graphics messed up issue: There will be signal noises cross the panel, especially when playing videos and then rotate the Pad.
    Offkilter and philippe like this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Drcruiser View Post
    Look at post #58 and download that file. It will solve the horizontal line issue (there is also evidence that it will fix random reboots). The file is an update to ICS 9.4.2.9. I've been up for almost a week with no issues.
    Why does it keep saying "Cannot Open File" after the download is complete? Please help... Thanks!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ongsabs View Post
    Why does it keep saying "Cannot Open File" after the download is complete? Please help... Thanks!
    Re-download use another link source and you have to Un-Zip that first zip file the other zip that is extracted goes on the root of the SD or main TP root dir.
    If you are having errors unzipping re-download and try a different un-zipper.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    FYI, XDA announced yesterday that ASUS is officially providing support in their forums and are promising to fix these issues:
    - BT/WiFi Fallout Issues
    - Serial Number Not Found
    - Random Lockups after ICS update
    Which includes "System might randomly lockup or generate a blind screen effect after the ICS update. "

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links