Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question Bizarre freezes and distorted screen

Hi,

I received my TF201 a few weeks back, and it has been pretty good going so far (no wifi issues and all).

Of late, the tablet displays been playing up, with random distortions and bizarre moving screens. It usually happens after I have kept it idle for hours and then pick it and unlock it. Once, it just showed me crazy lines and shapes on the screen like a Rorschach test (I know!), and the other time the unlock screen kept moving from right to left in a loop. I would switch it off and on again and things would return to normal.

Now, is this the buggy Honeycomb OS (in which case should I wait until the ICS update) or something else? I have heard in other forums that the original TF101 had such problems too and they would 'cold reboot' to solve the problem.

Has anyone else faced this issue? Can anyone share details on how to cold reboot the prime and whether it's safe?

Much appreciated. Thanks!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    First just try using the reset hole next to the micro SD card. I believe you are experiencing the remains of a flaky update for 4-6 days ago and hope that ICS will be the cure coming up on the 12th.

Here are the instructions for the Hard Reset if you'd rather do it:
    Hard Reset: Unplug the power cord and shut the unit off and Press and Hold the power button and the "Down" volume button together until after the normal start up screen appears and is joined by some small print at the top of the screen then let them both go. After a few seconds you should see a couple of shapes in the middle of the screen called "Wipe Data" and "Android". Wait a few more seconds until the term "Cold Boot" appears in the list near the top of the screens and just press and release the "Down" volume button again and let it reboot. If you own the dock be sure and do this with the dock connected.
    Last edited by Mickeylittle; 01-09-2012 at 06:15 PM.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the detailed instructions mate.
    I hear the ICS update is OTA already this very minute. I will give that a try and let's see how it turns up. Nevertheless, thanks for the help!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links