Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: TFP Dock Keyboard not working

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

TFP Dock Keyboard not working

My dock sometimes isn't detected when connected. Sometimes it is detected but then shows 0% battery when it does have charge (it may eventually show the correct charge and then might show 0% again). Rarely, it works perfectly with all the keys working and the charge % showing more than 0. When it works at any time it can once again not work, especially after locking / turning off the tablet. I have noticed that some function keys like the lock button and volume buttons seem to always be working. I have tried pressing the function key thinking that might have sometime to do with it.

I have updated all firmware, hard reset with dock connected, wiped data, done the hokey pokey... any advice and suggestions much appreciated.

Kupo

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    wow, I just signed up to post nearly exactly the same issue. I have issues connecting my dock as well - and I'm being very careful to line up the arrows.

Always when I connect it, the dock will charge the tablet - and it says its connected fine and I can now type via the keyboard. However half the time the mouse pointer doesn't appear and I can't type via the keyboard. However, as you say some keys always work - it seems to be all the keys on the top row work and nothing else (so I can mute the sound, turn off wireless, lock it etc). Other times when I connect it, the mouse pointer appears instantly and I can type fine.

Everything else with the tablet is working fine (no dust or dead pixels, wireless woring fine etc), so I really don't want to return it to get another one with different issues. I'm in the UK so the dock came with the tablet as standard.

I have upgraded to the latest firmware but this made no difference, I haven't tried a hard reset yet - is this just shutting it down? or a key combination? As per Kupo - any help would be much appreciated. As the unit is charging 100% of the time, and the top row keys always work, and the other 50% of the time the keyboardand touchpad works fine there can't be too much wrong with it? loose connection?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Yes, the tablet itself works perfectly fine for me too. I wondered if it was just a loose connection too and tried redocking a few times to no avail. Sometimes the keyboard isn't working and I am using the tablet then suddenly it will work - for a while - then not work again.

To hard reset you power off first, then hold down power and volume down simultaneously to power up. Once it shows the options on screen to wipe just release the buttons (don't choose wipe by pressing volume up unless you want to wipe). I'm hoping a firmware update can fix this issue or maybe ICS.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm assuming your dock lock always goes to the lock position? Mine is always in the lock postion so I'm assuming I have pushed it in correctly.

Funny how your tablet sometimes doesn't recognise the dock (by recognising I mean; saying the keyboard is connected, saying you can now use the keyboard to type, and charging the tablet from the dock) but the top row of the keyboard works. Do all your top rows keys work? like mine. My tablet always recognises the dock being attached - but I know instantly if the other keys are working by seeing if the mouse pointer appears or not.

Is yours a UK unit as well? - so the tablet and dock come together as one package, and can't be bought seperately?

Does your tablet charge fine via the charger? mine does - so this makes me think, that if it is a loose connection, then it's not the tablet side that is at fault, more likely the dock connection.

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    The tablet comes with the docking holes plugged. Remove the plugs.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks leeshor, but all the plugs are already removed (for me anyway)

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Charge both for a couple hours, individually, then try again. Then if it doesn't work try a hard reset with the tablet docked. See my sig links for the reset instructions.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank goodness I am not alone, my problems are the same (see my post in this section "Dock Problems" 3rd January) I had my Prime from PC World on 31st December and all seemed well till it had been to sleep overnight and nothing has changed since. Sometimes it works perfectly but more often than not the keyboard is either totally or partially dead or even not recognised at all. I emailed Asus who simply said to go back to the retailer and I have since spoken to PC World who have agreed to replace both tablet and dock. my main concern now is whether they will have the stock to replace it. I have delayed sending it back until the 16th in the hope that I can try ICS on the 12th. I have tried everything suggested numerous times but the problem doesn't seem to get any less!

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    I have a US dock from newegg with no issues... Just ordered another from Best Buy so I will let you know if I have any issues once I receive.
    **Transformer Prime 32GB Champagne**
    **Transformer Prime 32GB Amethyst**
    **2 Amethyst Docks**

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am having the a similar issue. I connect the dock, then after rebooting, the dock is detected and everything works except the keys. The extra battery works, the SD port works, just not the keys. It only worked like two times for me now nothing. I have tried everything. It's the craziness thing. I ordered the tablet from Best Buy and the dock from Amazon. Hopefully ICS will fix the issue...

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links